BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
We'll be leaving the house around 8:00 am and we should be at the lodge by 11:00am.
See you then!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Jan and I are home safe. Another greater SMFR. We look forward to seeing everyone again at STC.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
We are home safe as well and I have already had to tear into our washing machine due to a water valve that won't close, Oh Well...

It was great to meet you Kenny and have lunch with you. If we ever get RTEs going again will be sure to drop you an invite.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I enjoyed the trip out to Tapoco Lodge. It was a fun ride and I got a bonus on the way out, I took a spin on the Dragon's Tail. Had a lot of fun :)

View attachment 171575
My last run on the Dragon was at least 2-3 years ago ! I bought my new B back in May and still have not made it back up there yet, maybe this coming week ?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Susan and I are home safe. Another great gathering in the books and nice to have met you Kenny. Hope to see you at some of the future Ironhorse events with us.

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm home as well-wasn't planning to make it in one day, but a wonderful tailwind pushed me north to Indianapolis with ease, and I figured being 3 1/2 hours away at 3 PM didn't make sense. So, 760 miles (11 1/2 hours) and the LT is filthy, ready for oil change at 221,000. I did 'enjoy' being on the Tail of the Dragon at 8:30 Sunday morning, and saw only 2 others. As I left the Tail, and headed north, I was really enjoying the weather, bright sun. I didn't 'enjoy' the red/blue lights catch me going 55 in a 40 zone on my way onto 441. He was kind and the warning he gave me didn't come with the $175/points that it could have. What I didn't know was I was doing closer to 75 than 55 just before we met

It was good to be with you this past few days-thanks to many of you who have kept my bike on the road with your advice, upgrades, and now some names/faces. Hope to see you in the spring.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Another SMFR is in the books. It sure was great to see everyone. Seemed like a long time since last October. Hoping to drum up support for our gatherings, I have messaged a couple of our long-time members with the dates for next year's STC and SMFR. Rooms at the IHML are filling fast for April due to a military veterans group selecting that weekend as well.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Kenny, it was nice meeting you; hope to see you again down the road somewhere. And it was good to see all you folks at the SMFR. We'll be back at the Iron Horse for STC 2021.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200
41 - 50 of 50 Posts