3,718 Posts
You would be correct!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well... new development:

• Pisgah Inn will not accept groups larger than 6 people and will not split a larger group
  • Only available time is 2:30pm, which I find funny because they don't take reservations past 7 days in advance. Does it mean a lot of people called this morning just before I did? Doubtful!
  • They now request a credit card to book a reservation, with a $25 fee for no-show...
At this stage I would tell them to go pound sand!!!

Anyone want to suggest an alternative? Thanks!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I concur they can pound sand. Let me look and see what I can find.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Interesting development.
Would they take reservations for 2 groups of 5-6?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I think so but 2:30 is a bit late. And it would be a $50 deposit. Maybe we can do Tapoco Lodge, not a big ride but good food. Remember this is leaf peeping season.

Reactions: hschisler

·
Registered
609 Posts
They probably have more business than they can handle because of social distancing. I suppose it will be hard to find a place that will take reservations for a group this large.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hschisler

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Good points. Looking forward to whatever you all decide.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
1-2 Gilles and Kathy
3 Gordon
4-5 John and Jean
6-7 Lee & Debra
8-9 Kenny & Renee
10-11 Al & Jan
12-13 Howard & Lisa

If we end up going to the Tapoco Lodge Lisa will be joining us; we will be driving (not riding) in that instance, in case anyone else needs a ride.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I have been given the kitchen pass from the Doc but I didn't get past two wheels! Me and the wifey will be at IH on Friday afternoon. Y'all have been warned!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
There goes the neighborhood, again!! 😀

It'll be good to see Glenda!

You too, Brett!:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Posts above indicate the Tapoco Lodge being an alternative. I'm not sure anything concrete was put down.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
OK I just spoke to Tapoco Lodge and right now they don't have any other booked reservations until 6 pm on Thursday. She checked with her manager, since we are not staying at the Lodge even thought I have stayed there several times, and said they could not guarantee tables for us but we were welcome to come and see how it goes. So Jean and I plan to go there for lunch at 1100 on Thursday and whom ever wants to join us in this endeavor are more than welcome. The food is great there.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Lisa and I will be there also. Thanks for taking care of this, John.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
My guess is that we will still have 13 knocking on their door.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Knock knock! ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Since John checked on this, he and Jean definitely get the first seats. If there aren't enough for the rest of us, I guess we can draw straws to determine you gets to eat .

·
Registered
609 Posts
Also, Gilles and Kathy should get the next seats since Gilles looked into Pisgah for us.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I think there will be plenty of seating. I have been there many times in the fall and there were always lots of open tables.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts