BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here. I just bought this '88 K75S for a friend of mine who will be flying in from Europe for a coast to coast loop around North America. The bike comes well setup for touring including this strapping system. I was wondering if anyone has seen this type of product and/or has any information about the vendor for this system.

What's the best way to optimize its function, and how is the extra metal piece in the 3rd photo used? TIA.

Attachments

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Haven't seen that strapping system before, but it does look useful.

The metal piece is a helmet holder extension. You slide it through the D-rings and then hook the hole in the bike's existing helmet lock. Or you can slide the flat tab through quick-release buckles like on the Schuberth helmets and then hook it to the helmet lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ken. Now that you mention it, those helmet lock attachments ring a bell. This one came bundled with the strap and sort of fit its D-rings which led me down the wrong path.

I prefer this strap setup in lieu of drilling holes in the hard cases for strap brackets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whitehorse Gear used to sell a similar device, but unfortunately, they have gone out of business (retired).

In a similar vein, check out Bike Bandit, they have over 1000 face shields, helmet liners, and related parts for helmets:

https://www.bikebandit.com/

Happy riding,

Natsmada

1 - 4 of 4 Posts