BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Removed the Trunk from my 05 LT the other day and was amazed how much better balanced the bike seemed to be. It seems to be much less "top heavy" . I decided to leave the Trunk off for now, and installed the luggage rack (existing on Trunk Top) to replace the Trunk. I think it looks more finished with the Rack installed, and I like the Kisan brake flasher kit on the LED bar attached to the rack.

Will post pictures if anyone is interested.

Chris Ogle

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'd like to see some pics too. I was out cleaning yesterday and pulled the trunk off, but I use one of Spudriders racks. I'm curious to see how yours turned out.
And no, Lee, I'm not posting any pictures!!!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
myk_edwards said:
:worthless

I'm going out riding. :dance:

Will post pictures as soon as I get back.

Chris Ogle, Baldwin City Kansas.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help :confused: I am attempting to download a picture of installed luggage rack, and get a message that the attachment is too large. How can I post a picture????

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a Walnut base for my 2000 LT that was made by the previous owner. He did a great job and the original rack fits on top. Very nice!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
fpmlt said:
I'd like to see some pics too. I was out cleaning yesterday and pulled the trunk off, but I use one of Spudriders racks. I'm curious to see how yours turned out.
And no, Lee, I'm not posting any pictures!!!

:histerica

Awwww come on just one?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
wsp310 said:
I have a Walnut base for my 2000 LT that was made by the previous owner. He did a great job and the original rack fits on top. Very nice!
That looks very nice. Wish the pictures would expand so we could see it a little better. :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
cwo said:
Help :confused: I am attempting to download a picture of installed luggage rack, and get a message that the attachment is too large. How can I post a picture????
Upload it to Picasa or Flicker and then embed the link.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
That looks super! Love the Canyon Red color too.
Wood ain't my forte, but I bet somebody could make a few bucks making them for an LT. 'Wood' be a less costly mod. :)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a pic of luggage rack installed without the trunk. Having problems posting the pics.... hope this works.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts