BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather has turned cool thus the brain matter is slow.

Somewhere, someone posted a diagram for the mounting hole layout for the BMW K/LT luggage rack. For the life of me I cannot find it. HELP, leading me to the trough would be very much welcomed :confused:

Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
oldracer1943 said:

Somewhere, someone posted a diagram for the mounting hole layout for the BMW K/LT luggage rack. For the life of me I cannot find it. HELP, leading me to the trough would be very much welcomed :confused:

Thanks in advance.....
I cheated and found what may help you - wuz down near the bottom of this page here.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
oldracer1943 said:

Thanks in advance.....
I installed my rack without the use of a template. By using masking tape, fabric tape measure and a few sticky backed paper hole re-enforcing ringlets (for notebook paper). I nailed the holes dead on. The ringlets fit perfectly within the square bottom of the forward feet of the rack and centered on the screw hole.
I put the screws, one turn each, into the rack and set it on the top case. After getting the rear feet squared with the fabric tape measure (put it about where I wanted it and measured from each rear foot to the top of the vertical line on the BMW emblem to center it). I ran masking tape across the top box and marked where the screw heads lined up. Then I placed the sticky backed ringlets (eyelets??) holes inline with the markings.
The front legs followed very easily by outlining where the feet laid, with masking tape, along 3 sides of the foot edges and placed the ringlet inside the tape outline. I drilled (one screw hole at a time after installing/un-installing the rack) into the center of the ringlet that I marked with the tip of an Exacto knife. The knife cuts into the plastic easily to make a good indent that the drill bit won't run away from.
If you need a better explanation of any part of this process just PM me. Had I know it was going to work out so easily, I would have taken pictures.
Jer

·
Registered
185 Posts
jers99lt said:
. . . sticky backed paper hole re-enforcing ringlets (for notebook paper). . .
Jer
You know, I'd never heard (nor read, for that matter) paper A$$holes called anything other than, well, paper A$$holes. I learned something new today. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts