BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last friday I brought home another BMW. I told the wife the LT needed a little brother lol.She was not impressed since I had 9 bikes already but oh well. It's always easyer to ask for forgiveness then permission. So here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for pointing this out. Now the rest of us can bookmark this post and point it out to our wife or husband when they think we are nuts for buying a new farkle.

Only have two and one is hers.

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Nice wheels, Mike. And in case you're wondering how to break her in, here's a suggestion . :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
related?

little brother? here are the things I noticed from the picture that the LT has in common with the F650:
both have
2 wheels/tires
a windshield
a gas tank

not sure if that qualifies them to be related... oh yeah, forgot the magic element: the BMW emblem! :) congrats on the purchase, nice lookin bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
New Toy

rotax07 said:
Well last friday I brought home another BMW. I told the wife the LT needed a little brother lol. She was not impressed since I had 9 bikes already but oh well. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness then permission. So here it is.
Congrats on the new addition, now you'll have to go and ride the Dakar. I've been watching this years round and as good as I think I am/was (in my own mind) I would never have attempted Dakar. Every year someone dies riding a bike in that race.

How much snow is that I see in the background?

Cheers, Bill
05 K1200 LT

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The snow in the background is at 9 inches. I would take it out now if it wasn't for the salt. I guess I'll have to wait like I did this last summer when I bought a new sled in march when all the snow was gone for the winter. Soon as the lakes firm up a little more I'll bring out the studded cr250 to run with my 14 and 15 yr old boys. I still can pound them in the woods and on the track but each year their getting closer.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I guess I never really paid much attention to the F-GS line much. But when did they stop using the cross-spoke tubeless rims, like on the R-GS?

I do recall, back in 2000 or so the F-GS came with the tubeless rims (as well as the Aprilia Pegaso before it was discontinued).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Girls' Bike!

rotax07 said:
Well last friday I brought home another BMW. I told the wife the LT needed a little brother lol.She was not impressed since I had 9 bikes already but oh well. It's always easyer to ask for forgiveness then permission. So here it is.
My wife had one of these, fun, but really crap to ride over the long haul! Hope it won't sit in your garage too long! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts