BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of this guy? I placed an order on Aug 9, and PayPal'd him the funds and got the following response instantly. I have heard nothing since.

We will be in touch as soon as possible about your order, the details of which are as follows:
LTParts.com
(details omitted purposely)
Anthony Kay, Sr.
P.O. Box 3023
Coppell, TX 75019

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've dealt with him a few times and have had no problem. He has a good reputation in the BMWLT community. Do a search and you can see what his reputation is like.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have ordered many things from Antony, had some problems similar to yours but at the end, He came through. I do believe that he is an honorable guy, many health issues slow him down and doesn't always monitor his emails. He may not have the part you ordered at hand.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else in this community and say that Tony is a very honest and upstanding man who has been around for a long time, so he is no stranger here. As far as not getting a response from him, I would suggest that you go ahead and send him additional inquiries. Like someone else said, he has had some personal problems recently and is possibly even away from home taking care of same. But he is not out to take anhyone's money!

If Tony does not have what you need you can also try Beemerboneyard.com, or even PM myself, since we also have some LT parts lying around,

HTH,

John

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
+1. His response has indeed slowed, but as others have said, and is my experience, Tony has done alright by me.

Jer

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies both on and off list. Its been five full days and no reply.
I have emailed the vendor and canceled my order.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Its been almost one year since I ordered & received the wrong part. I returned it & have received no part or refund yet. Almost $700.00 The last E-mail I had from him was 7 months ago. I don't think I'll do any business with people who don't have an address or phone # anymore.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
saddle-man said:
Its been almost one year since I ordered & received the wrong part. I returned it & have received no part or refund yet. Almost $700.00 The last E-mail I had from him was 7 months ago. I don't think I'll do any business with people who don't have an address or phone # anymore.
$700.00 ouch!
Perhaps it is a bit premature, but based on your experience maybe not, I am headed to New Mexico for a rally in Oct via OK City. Coppell TX wont be off my route from Florida at all. Shall I give him your regards?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered approximately $300 worth of parts for LTparts last summer. It took about 4 months of e-mails and excuses but I finally received most of the parts.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
mjac said:
$700.00 ouch!
Perhaps it is a bit premature, but based on your experience maybe not, I am headed to New Mexico for a rally in Oct via OK City. Coppell TX wont be off my route from Florida at all. Shall I give him your regards?
If you have his address so you can stop by that's more than I have.

·
Registered
607 Posts
As has been mentioned before, Tony has had tons of health issues the past year. He is lucky to still be around.

He has been in and out of hospitals all year.

I have dealt with him several times and he always has come through.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
A clue might be that his link has been removed from the supporting vendors section of this site ?

I did business with Tony last year and received my order in a reasonable time. Yes, he recovered from a bad motorcycle accident and has been going thru recurring issues from that event. Last time I looked at his site, many significant items have sold marked on them.

Tony, hope you are doing well ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts