BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had a chance to compare the Victory Vision to a LT.I saw the 09 Victory today and it sure looked good.Going to take a test ride on Friday,might get a decent trade in for my Harley since I don"t ride it anymore.

Thanks Vic
07 RT loving every minute off it
07 Harley gathering dust in the garage. :dance:

I found some other posts that make me beleve the RT is the way to go.Now if my dealer can get one in,might have to go to Atlanta BMW.Sounds like a road trip. :rotf:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I hear mostly good things about the Vision. I think the appearance is a love/hate thing. Either love it or hate it. When it first came out, I thought it was one of the ugliest things I had ever seen, but it has grown on my a bit. I hear that this year's model has a reverse! Still air-cooled though, and that stinks. Probably a very comfortable bike on a long ride.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,I agree it's a love it or hate it reaction.I am going to test ride it,But I think I can't go wrong with a LT.The road trip to Atlanta will be fun,and I get to see a new BMW store :)

Vic

·
Registered
624 Posts
GVPurvis said:
Thanks,I agree it's a love it or hate it reaction.I am going to test ride it,But I think I can't go wrong with a LT.The road trip to Atlanta will be fun,and I get to see a new BMW store :)

Vic
Hey Vic , Look me up when you come to Atlanta, I can introduce you to all the fun guys at Atlanta BMW as well as Blue Moon while you are here.

Stixx

[email protected] if interested

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have ridden one and my buddy who came from the RT has it. He loves it. He is 6'3" and it fits him.

I like it and find that it is a very nice touring bike. I like my LT better but he can keep up in the turns with me pretty well. The LT handles better but for a cruiser the vision is a great handling bike.

I would say if you like the feet forward and a cruiser then the vision is a great choice. If you looking to have a bike to knock around town then I would say the vision with the top box is over kill and the RT would be more fun and easier to handle.

If I couldn't have the LT for my touring bike I would be interested in the vision. The only draw backs my wife and I found were, some wind turbulence on our heads, (the taller windshield would take care of that I think) and vibration in the foot pegs. (rubber mounting may fix that) Other then these 2 items it was fun to drive and very comfortable. I think it is a well made machine and if you took your LT and put a carnival fun mirror on it the vision is maybe what you would see.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Take a good look at the SaddleBag capacity. Goodness practically non-existent. This really killed it for me. A touring bike with less capacity than the LT.

·
Registered
607 Posts
HDusenbery said:
Take a good look at the SaddleBag capacity. Goodness practically non-existent. This really killed it for me. A touring bike with less capacity than the LT.
I checked one out at the local Victory dealer and noticed the same thing. The side bags look huge from the outside, but there is an awful lot on unusable space inside once the lids are opened up.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Not my cup of tea, I'm really not a V Twin guy but I too hear nothing but good things about them and I believe they have one of if not the highest customer satisfaction in the industry.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just came back from a trip with all of the "Real Touring bikes"- including two LTs. All of us got to put several hundred miles (if we wanted) on each of the bikes. Note here that the shortest member of our group is 6', and the youngest is 52.

The LT was hands down the #1 back road tourer, the Premium Vision was the #1 slab runner AND the #1 pick by the SO's. The Hardley Ultra tied with the Wing, because most of us found the Wing too small for the driver. With the addition of the new reverse on the Vision, only the lack of ABS brakes caused us grief.

All in all, the Vision is a worthy and comfortable competitor. It's only drawback was the poor fuel economy (about 190 miles per tank) - even the Ultra was better.

The Vision owner also pointed out that he had the cover, so he could remove the trunk, when he didn't need the extra space - makes a bit of a difference riding it too.

Verdict: It has all the farkles, about the same price, no final drive issues, a LOT more room for your feet, a better seat, and about the same number of dealers (at least around here). If I were writing a check today, I opt for the Vision Tour. However, since next year is my target for a new toy, I'll wait to see what BMW drops on the market. If the LT is dropped for the uncomfortable GT style, there will be a Victory in my garage.

Let me know if you want any more info - I have tons of data. No, we didn't compare the "Star" or the other wannabe contenders, but DID have a Valkryie Interstate, which blew the Wing and Vision way out of the water. Too bad it was dropped..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts