BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! It has been a while but we are finally settled in sunny NC, (no I dont miss OH Howard but I do hope you are doing well:) and have been riding since early March. That said, we now live in an area of mostly 2 lane highway so I am contemplating trading the LT for something a little more nimble like the RT. My only concern is the comfort of my wife. Has anyone had experience with both models. Advice would be most welcome.

Thanks and nice to be back:)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Mark, Hope the transfer goes well for you. I found the RT much easier for me to get around on and for solo riding it was more nimble. I prefer 2 lane highway traveling and don't normally seek to eat up huge slabs of freeway. When I met my wife and she decided she liked motorcycle adventuring, she talked me into the LT. I'm happy with the luxury part of the LT and she totally digs the comfort, too. As a result she is often there on the back seat when I get to my destination.

My advise would be to do the math and see what % of the time it's you vs. how often it's you 2.

If you're retired, then get both bikes or a personal 'S' bike to complement the LT - that's my plan for when I grow up.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Welcome back, Mark.

Good luck with your decision. It should be fun for you, figuring out which bike to settle on.

P.S. Update your profile when you get a chance!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hschisler said:
Welcome back, Mark.

Good luck with your decision. It should be fun for you, figuring out which bike to settle on.

P.S. Update your profile when you get a chance!
Done Howard thanks for the reminder. Hope you and the wife are doing well. If you ever get down this way please llok us up. Some great roads to ride on here!!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Welcome to NC. Where is Whispering Pines? Sounds familiar, but not sure I've been there. I'm over in Mount Airy, near the VA line off of I 77 or I 74. Can't help you with your bike question.

Randy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts