BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New owner here of course. Just curious if someone knows what improvements were made from year to year on the LT. Understand that the 2005 was the big improvement, but what major (if any)improvements came after. From 2005 to 2009, they all seem to look identical. I guess i'm looking at if there was much changes in each year.

·
Registered
500 Posts
None I'm aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think 06 and later have an auxliary port that allows you plug devices into the stereo.

Reactions: BeemerJoe

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your correct on the aux input. I did notice that there were upgrades to the Audio system. Mine has a funny sort of intercom system. Not sure if the newer ones are the same..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if the 06 thru 09 are relatively the same, i would assume that the best option to buy would be an earlier model with low miles rather than pay the higher price for a newer model. Seems to me the difference in prices for the newer models compared to say a 2006 or an 07 would not be worth it.. I see a difference of almost 4k from an 06 and an 09 as an example on Craigs list or even at dealers. Both having aproximately the same miles on them.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,247 Posts
You should be able to dim the dash lights as well on the 06. Uses the same button to change the clock.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
'06 got the upgrade from a shitty tungsten headlight to the Xenon HID as OEM. I think they may have the word "Xenon" on the headlamp glass.
Many of us have just upgraded the tungsten to HID's anyway... not hard to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts