BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Are you interested in a Treffen at Moffat?

• Yes, I would go.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No, I'm not interested.

Votes: 3 27.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going to the recent BMW Club AGM at Moffat and talking to Phil Hollick who's been several times, we're proposing that the 2013 Treffen is held at The Buccleuch Arms, Moffat, Dumfries & Galloway. It's a lovely town, easily accessible from the M74 and there is a lot to see and do. Best of all, the owners are died-in-the-wool bikers and they have a secure parking area at the rear of the hotel, with a number of individual, lockable bike-garages. I've contacted them and they are interested but we'll have to decide on a weekend very soon as it's popular and they're taking bookings for next year already.

They offer a discount to people who arrive on two wheels:-
5% for one night
10% for two nights and
15% for a stay of three nights.

They could organise a whisky-tasting if we wanted it and can suggest all kinds of routes for us to ride.

I've added a 14-day poll to the thread to try and gauge some interest. Yes, it's a trek for southern people but it would make an ideal starting point for a longer holiday in Scotland and I know you'll have a great time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've voted yes in the poll, though it would depend on the time of year as to whether I'd actually make down there.

I'll try.........

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was assuming, for the time being, that it would be one of the first two weekends in July, as it's been so far. The kids are still at school but the weather should be turning for the better - though the first one proved how wrong that assumption can be! :)

Keith

·
Registered
492 Posts
Rockdoc said:
I was assuming, for the time being, that it would be one of the first two weekends in July, as it's been so far. The kids are still at school but the weather should be turning for the better - though the first one proved how wrong that assumption can be! :)

Keith
Yes Keith I think its best to keep it around the same time and as you say you wont find better hosts that no the area.I have been there a few times now and you dont have to go far to be in some very scenic countryside with lakes and castles to visit.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very welcoming and obliging to a fault, I have no doubt that Dave, Clint and Polly will make sure we're well looked-after. As an example, I bought a Scala G9 Powerset Bluetooth intercom from them at the BMW Club AGM. Clint offered to fit them to our Schuberth C2 helmets and I was very happy I accepted his offer because it took five hours - and he wouldn't take so much as a glass of lemonade for his pains.

Although we only had one full day to explore, we had an enjoyable time visiting Caerlaverock Castle and, across the estuary, the Water Mill and Sweet Heart Abbey at Newabbey. We can recommend the cafe at Caerlaverock and the tea-rooms by Sweet Heart Abbey for great cakes! :)

Keith

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had a response from the hotel, offering us the choice of two weekends. I think the Treffen has enough support to go ahead so I'll open another poll to select the weekend.

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts