BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
If you need the home made brakets, let me know. I've got an extra set...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how far to take it back. I will see what happens with the available adjustments B4 i start. Appreciate the offer. :wave

·
Registered
415 Posts
There is a second set of holes pre-drilled in the trunk, just remove the liner and undo and re-position the existing bolts, no brackets required. This will give you 1inch, it made a big difference for us. Be careful prying the bottom liner out around the latch, there are a couple of tabs that need to be coaxed out with a screwdriver.

Ron

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
itspossible said:
There is a second set of holes pre-drilled in the trunk, just remove the liner and undo and re-position the existing bolts, no brackets required. This will give you 1inch, it made a big difference for us. Be careful prying the bottom liner out around the latch, there are a couple of tabs that need to be coaxed out with a screwdriver.

Ron
Covered in my post - and of all places - in the owner's manual... :D ;)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
shuster said:
Not sure how far to take it back. I will see what happens with the available adjustments B4 i start. Appreciate the offer. :wave
My normal size wife found that 2 inches allowed her to actually recline and relax a bit.

The lumbar portion of the passenger seat has plenty of flex but IS a limiting factor if you need max space. The easy way to fix this is to shave the foam.

Granted, I modded the seat bottom to allow the "recline" - and tipped the Muddiman armrests back a few degrees in the down and locked position from horizontal as well. The raised foot pegs for her were a big hit. It all kind of adds up to a more relaxed and confident passenger. Overall I changed the angle probably 10 degrees aft.

It also helps the pilot - my ribs aren't bruised as much... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts