BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the 05 LT yesterday, there must be a demand for them, it was on Craig's list for only 2 weeks. Today I stopped by the dealer and picked up a 09 R1200 GS ADV.

Only had the LT for 6 months, didn't fit me like a GS does.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold with 9400 miles ( bought it with 8500 miles last October) for $10K.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Greetings ..srp...

Well done, those big GS1200's are real beasts. I began my motorcycling on trail bikes and I've always yearned for another soft roader like the big GS. I envy your decision and hope you find many, many fine tracks and trails to explore. Go for it...

Cheers and kindest regards

Paul Harrington
AU

·
Registered
375 Posts
I hope I have the same luck as you. I posted my '04 on CL last week. So far only one call.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've owned several GSs, a couple RSs and a couple St1300 (first now was totaled in a month when I hit a left turner who was waved across. I probably could make the LT work but the GS/ADV had my name all over it...and it still has11 months of warranty left on it.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Congrats on the sale and getting what you feel is a good price.

Even better, you got a bike that speaks to you. Does not matter WHAT you ride, just THAT you ride. Enjoy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I placed a CL ad in the same area about a month ago. 2009 w/14,500 miles and a bunch of extras for $14,900. One low ball offer of 12K sight unseen. I passed.. I thought I wanted a toy hauler travel trailer with some new toys and something had to go. In the meantime we had real nice Sunday and I went for a long ride and decided to not do anything for another season or two or ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
srpuywa said:
Sold the 05 LT yesterday, there must be a demand for them, it was on Craig's list for only 2 weeks. Today I stopped by the dealer and picked up a 09 R1200 GS ADV.

Only had the LT for 6 months, didn't fit me like a GS does.

I had an LT, tried a '09 GSA for three months and went back to an LT just last month.

different strokes for different folks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here's a pic of the GS and LT

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
ez_rdr55 said:
I hope I have the same luck as you. I posted my '04 on CL last week. So far only one call.

My LT just sold too. The first guy to come look at it gave me a deposit and is coming back this evening with the balance. I have mixed feelings about this sale, but I'm now down to six bikes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on the sale, i sold my wife's aprilia mojito 150 yesterday too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts