BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the riders seat the same on all the years??? my 06

i had some issues with my seat when i purchased it and was thinkg that i would get one off fleabay and have it customized for me
so that I can do the service and some other thing whilst taking the tupperware off only once

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
no, they changed about 03 on wards, the seat base is different between old and later LT's

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a 2005 and have put 114000 kms (canadian bike) about 70000 miles and I still have to orginal seat..

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I have an ’05, just turned 84,000 miles and have the original seat - in a box in the attic since I got the Corbin. =-}

I had no issues with the ’02 seat and put 40k on it. When they scalloped out the sides of the face lift it was like sitting on a pipe to me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an ’05, just turned 84,000 miles and have the original seat - in a box in the attic since I got the Corbin. =-}

I had no issues with the ’02 seat and put 40k on it. When they scalloped out the sides of the face lift it was like sitting on a pipe to me.
u want to part with the old seat????
Richard

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,246 Posts
Since you have an 06 then ANY year LT seat will work. The 99-2004 have to be careful on what they use and may have to trim plastic under the seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 2002 stock seat and one from the dealer that was lowered. Both are in good shape, no tears, heated, the plug on the stock seat needs replacement. You'd be welcome to either - your choice for $125 + shipping. I also have a Bill Mayer unheated pillion seat. Same deal. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts