BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the youngest LT owner here on the board? I only ask because everyone I look at is born in '56. There are like 100's of you '56's.

Is everyone my age still riding crotch rockets?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Born August 1969, I'm 36

Dave
05 K12LT

·
IBR# 366
16,533 Posts
Not everyone, just the crotchety old ones. :) Though you do have me beat by a few years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i am really young at 25 for the lt. It is my sixth bike Ive owned over the years and it is just the one that does everything i enjoy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not quite '56

I was born in Chelsea, Massachusetts in November of 1962. Which makes me 43. I thought there was an age restriction? Don't you have to be old enough to know better before they let you buy an LT? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It's all about "Old Farts on Big Bikes":p

Heck I've still got Jeans I bought in "72...;)

We may be different ages, but the look in our eyes while on the LT is all the same...
John

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
When I was in my 'teens people thought I was in my mid twenties. I'd like to think now that I'm 46 (the end of the month) that people would guess by my riding that I'm in my late 30's. :)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, "F^&*% what other other people think about what I'm doing". The only person I answer to is me and I enjoy my LT (and Wolfgang ;) ).

It's a motorcycle. If it works for you, RIDE it.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
I bought my LT when I was 28. I am now 31. definitely the youngest by far in the Nor Cal Posse:D

and they don't like to let me forget it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
March 1967. I'm 39. Been riding since I was 5 years old. Starting riding touring bikes about 7 years ago. First was an 85 Gold Wing, then got a 99 Royal Star Venture, then an 89 Gold Wing with a sidecar for our Daughter, and now 00 K1200LT. Still have the Gold Wing with the sidecar.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll be turning 31 in April. The LT is my third motorcycle, first was the 93 ZX7, then the 02 ZZR1200 which I sold to buy the LT which I do not regret. The LT is great since the wife (25) loves to ride with me. I told her when I got the LT that I was going to end up getting a small sport bike to play in the turns with, but the more I ride the Big Sofa the less I want another bike....WEIRD! :D

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
In my teens I tried doing things on anything that became available (like riding a Yam 50cc)
In my 20s I tried to do whatever I could afford (like riding a battered old Suzi 250cc)
In my early 30's I tried to refine what I was doing (bought a brand new ST1100)
Comming up to 40 I learnt to go for perfection (K1200lt)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Depends who you ask. The wife says somewhere between 13 and 55. The daughter says somewhere between 25 and 45. True age is 47.

Since getting back into riding 10 years ago, I have owned and ridden; 96 600 Bandit, 95 R100M, 96 PC800, 98 T-Bird 900, 98 r1100R, 2002 R1150R, 2002 R1150RT, 2002 Guzzi Stone, and have settled on my 2000 LT (wife says she'll throw my ass out if I sell the LT or buy another bike in modern times).

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
1956, eh?

Well, I'm one of those born in that illustrious year. Don't know why there are so many on this site. That's an interesting observation. Yep, the big five-oh approaches later this year. :eek: or :cool: , I'm not sure which yet...

Unlike many/most of you, I started riding in August. Of last year. Yes -- 2005. What I made up for with a "delayed start" I tried to correct by buying the best bike out there, the LT.

I will lay claim, however, to having been born in a part of the world that was not one of the states of the union, but it now is. It's always fun to see people's reactions when I mention that. They have forgotten their American history. They think the last U.S. state was added in 1800 or something.

·
Registered
499 Posts
52 years young.

The youngest on the age survey was 20-24. The poll was anonymous, so I don't know if they are still around.

Dave

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
MaverickAR said:
What is the youngest LT owner here on the board? I only ask because everyone I look at is born in '56. There are like 100's of you '56's.

Is everyone my age still riding crotch rockets?
Some of us ride LT's AND sport bikes, and are older than 56.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Old enough to be your daddy. But if you look like that picture would'nt want to be.

Wait, I'm not any ones father and don't want to start now. There would be a lot more LT owners at my age if they had not had kids. At least that's what they always say.

Saw a 20 something girl on the street yesterday that I would like to be in the right position to ask "who's your daddy, who's your daddy".

Good luck on getting to our age.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts