BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you come about naming your bike? Is there a connection between the name and the LT?
I'm thinking of naming mine "The Silver Bullet." (that was the name of my police car in Hon.[we owned our own patrol cars])
Eddie

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine is named Gunter. There was a Michelob dark beer commercial where Martin Mull told us that dark beer was not only drunk by thick necked men named Gunter. Name seemed to fit a German bike.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
You just have to throw some against the wall and see what sticks........sounds to me like "Silver Bullet" works................(mines on the signature line).............. :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
EddieLo said:
How did you come about naming your bike? Is there a connection between the name and the LT?
I'm thinking of naming mine "The Silver Bullet." (that was the name of my police car in Hon.[we owned our own patrol cars])
Eddie
This LT is the only bike I have ever named. I was compelled to name her "Latifah". Why you might ask? It's because she has an [email protected]@ a mile wide but daaaamn can that fat lady sing.

Robert

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I'm a firm believer that the name needs to be earned...... IF you ride your LT enough she will earn a name. :D

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Names are all about the relationship between you and your bike. If it fits, use it. :bmw:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Keep frequenting this forum. You'll find yourself doing lots of things you never thought you'd do. :eek:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Giving that ship a name is ok I did too.
My big Girl in Germany is called "Die Dicke" just the big one.
My LT in the states it is "Francisca" is a German girls name, because I bought her in the San Francisco area :D .

Manfred

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is the "Bavarian Princess" because with the sidecar I need to get down on my knees to check oil before each ride.

VAC

:bowdown:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just call mine "My Mistress" - she gets more attention than my wife does, although there are those occasional threesomes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine was named by its former owner. It is called "Magic Carpet". He named it after he found out he had cancer because it got him away from the thoughts of his treatments and what he was facing.

Since I got her, I have put a vanity plate on that says "MGCRPT" in his honor and always have a picture on the bike of him. I explain the meaning of the vanity plate every chance I get.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've yet to name mine though because Just the right name hasn't occurred to me yet my daughter calls her Bim and my neighbor calls her Black Angus

·
Registered
185 Posts
My last work partner refered to his as the U.S.S. Enterprise, not so much cause he's a Trekie, more because she's llike a star ship, big and powerful with all the toys.

I was know as "The Bronze God on a Steel Stallion", hence, U.S.S. Pegasus

Capt. Kirk would be proud!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I named my '09 LT "Clyde" because it is BIG like a Clydesdale. All my current bikes have names.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
ebear695 said:
My last work partner refered to his as the U.S.S. Enterprise, not so much cause he's a Trekie, more because she's llike a star ship, big and powerful with all the toys.

I was know as "The Bronze God on a Steel Stallion", hence, U.S.S. Pegasus

Capt. Kirk would be proud!
I am a Star Trek fan (not a real Trekkie though) so I call my LT the Starship Enterprise.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
amarider said:
I'm a firm believer that the name needs to be earned...... IF you ride your LT enough she will earn a name. :D
That's how it happened for me. I named my '05 LT "Gray Ghost" after I took a photo of its shadow on a shoulder barrier along the interstate. I was towing it on a trailer... no one was on the bike (of course)... the bike was gray. Reminded me of a rider-less horse, so "Gray Ghost" came to mind.

My '09 LT is black (of course - no color choices that year). I haven't thought of a name yet.

Give it time. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
I never was motivated to name my first LT but when I first got my current one, I started hanging out on this forum and saw that naming was pretty common and that motivated me to think about an appropriate name. "Gold Brick" came to mind but that seemed too condescending, so I never spoke it aloud in her presence. "Trigger" now seems to fit, 'cause she is definitely a "Wonder Horse", just like Roy Rogers' "Trigger".

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Bike is called Shamu. She is as big as a whale and could kill me some day. Shamu is the most famous killer whale, next to Free Willy that is. I did not want to ride a willy, lol. Now that is funny, don't care where you are from... :histerica

1 - 20 of 46 Posts