BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Last month I bought a "new to me" 2000LT with the BC1 unit. I purchased two Dual Mode J&M headsets with the 6 pin P series lower cord, and installed them in our helmets. When I plug in the drivers headset, the radio, CD, or whatever, plays through both left and right speakers, but the sound quality is horrible. Both speakers hiss and pop. When I also plug in the passenger headset, the radio only plays through the left speaker of both helmets. This is also true for the intercom system, it only comes through the left side speakers. If I unplug either one of the headsets and then plug it back in (while the key and radio are on), the radio plays through both left and right speakers on both helmets for a brief period, about 30 seconds, then the right side fades out and will occasionally pop or hiss. I have searched thru all 40 some pages of the intercom forums and from what I have read, the only advice relevant to this issue was to clean and add some electrical grease to the intercom connections located under the left side Tupperware. I will do this as soon as possible, but while this may correct the poor sound quality, I am not certain how it will have any effect on the right side speaker cutting out. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any advice?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
292 Posts
abandon the LT system, it is poor. Use a Bluetooth Scala rider setup for you and your SO

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have a very old Autocom that I purchased off of ebay for $120...still use it and yes it works wonderfully...

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
What you have is actually pretty common for an older and possibly neglected intercom system,
cleaning and adding some grease will most likely greatly improve the quality,
the issues you're having are corrosion on the connections,
this can be caused by something as simple as riding in the rain to condensation,
sometimes just "wiggling" the plug will correct the problem temporarily.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to thank everyone who took the time to help me with my problem. I will start cleaning all the connections and hopefully it will help.
:wave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts