BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first LT televison sighting...A commercial for Geico Motorcycle Insurance was on TV last night. The opening scene has a couple hovering around a silver LT. Narrator was saying something about, "beautfiul bikes", then the LT came into view.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well at least the commercial was nice. When I called them for a quote they wanted $5000! No, this was not a mistake. Not an extra zero. I double checked it with the internet site. $5000 !! I'm insured with State Farm instead for $479/year/full coverage. I don't know why they were so expensive for the LT, but she sure got mad when I said no, saying price wasn't everything! Funny thing is, they were very, very inexpensive when I insured my kids cars with them.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
BLBantz said:
Well at least the commercial was nice. When I called them for a quote they wanted $5000! No, this was not a mistake. Not an extra zero. I double checked it with the internet site. $5000 !! I'm insured with State Farm instead for $479/year/full coverage. I don't know why they were so expensive for the LT, but she sure got mad when I said no, saying price wasn't everything! Funny thing is, they were very, very inexpensive when I insured my kids cars with them.

hehehe, progressive and geico were both more than State Farm is when i had told them stop quoting me on the telephone, Geico was a little rude about it, they said you don't have as good of coverage as we are quoteing,

I laughed at her and told her she had not even quoted my 300k in UM 9and yes I asked for her to quote 300k in um) only 100k in UM, I was not stupid, i was writing everything down as we went. plus I was only half way thorugh our vehicles and they were already higher!

I hung up. Even though State farm does not offer multi line on motorcycles I have not price checked in quite some time now. if i wanted basic insurance I could probable save money elsewhere but not when you start stacking and raising your UM limits and Liability limits
Tom

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
sorry, commercial to insurance thread hijack

I've got everything I own with State Farm,
I might be able to save some money going somewhere else but:
State Farm took damn good care of me when I crashed, better than I expected.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Hans, sorry the gray hairs mean experience!

I agree with Hans, these so-called "cheap-rate" insurance companies are just that; CHEAP RATE!

I stick with AAAA rated companies.

Oh, and by the way I noticed the beemer too. I wonder who it is?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I feel the same way about State Farm, but, here in NJ, home of the highest insurance rates in the land, Geico insured my son's car for $1400 a year and State Farm wanted over $3800. Even my State Farm agent said he would go with Geico and that State Farm does not want to insure younger drivers. State Farm's service is excellent though so I stuck with them for my cars and motorcycles even though the cars were a little higher than Geico.

ps. I think I am the one who hijacked this thread. Sorry. I'll look for the commercial on TV!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Isn't it amazing

This is a funny thread. The original poster was amazed to see and LT, albeit it Champaign and not Silver, in the pan out shot for GEICO and we've turned it into a slam on Progressive and GEICO insurance thread. :rotf:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hijacked

Steve_R said:
This is a funny thread. The original poster was amazed to see and LT, albeit it Champaign and not Silver, in the pan out shot for GEICO and we've turned it into a slam on Progressive and GEICO insurance thread. :rotf:
Ok - so now that this thread has been hijacked. What's wrong with Progressive? I have my LT and my son's two bikes insured with them and it's a whale of a lot cheaper than the numbers I see here. I forget the number but it's less than $200/year for all three - liability only. Now I've never had to make a claim...yet.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
acs5166 said:
Ok - so now that this thread has been hijacked. What's wrong with Progressive? I have my LT and my son's two bikes insured with them and it's a whale of a lot cheaper than the numbers I see here. I forget the number but it's less than $200/year for all three - liability only. Now I've never had to make a claim...yet.

Yes. I would like to know what is wrong if Progressive too.
I'm shopping to add a second bike and try AAA, Geico, Farm, Mercury and finally call Progressive. To all I had explained I would have 2 bikes and the the lowest price I got from them was $800 more expensive them Progressive.

I guess all insurances companies are from the same MOB... :)
the very first question they ask is "what is your current insurance company?". so if you tell that you are in one of their 'partners', they cote you $$$$ high, so you won't change... (yes... loocks like a Conspiracy Teory :) :) :) )

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Un-hijacking the thread: I want a leather jacket that sez "Geico" on the back.:rotf:

- Bob

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
And what are you will to pay for the afore mentioned jacket? :histerica

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Steve_R said:
And what are you will to pay for the afore mentioned jacket? :histerica
Oh ... 'bout the same I'd pay for a jacket that said "Curve Cowboy" on it! :histerica

- Bob

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
bob_menton said:
Oh ... 'bout the same I'd pay for a jacket that said "Curve Cowboy" on it! :histerica

- Bob
But what if it said "Cowboy Bob"? :rotf:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve_R said:
Geesh...I was sort of thrilled to see an LT on TV, guess that spot has been seen many times before, but I'll join in with the hijackers...Had Progessive for years, always satisfied with rates and service.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I saw the ad on TV also, loved it. Still Progressive has been the cheepest for me and my 4 bikes.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm going to post a poll

I've got to decide with State Farm or go this week. Since this is hot topic, let's see how many care to respond to a poll.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I have the "original" LT commercial...

...on my DVR. It's an awesome commercial. I should offer it up on Google video, or the like. It shows a couple riding through some twisties in Europe...scraping hardware. Some really cool slow-motion effects as well. :cool:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Insurance

Well guys but hate to burst your bubble but I been with Geico for going on my second year and first year was $440.00 and renual this year was $404.00. I live in the Phx area as well which has lots of cars and accidents. I have also heard that the insurance companies will quote rates based on your credit rating and not accident infrequency.

Just FYI.

·
Registered
977 Posts
stefeb said:
This was my first LT televison sighting...A commercial for Geico Motorcycle Insurance was on TV last night. The opening scene has a couple hovering around a silver LT. Narrator was saying something about, "beautfiul bikes", then the LT came into view.
Also check out the opening sequence to MTV's Road Rules - The Duel... The host (TJ Lavin) is featured in the opening sequence riding to "the house" on a BMW... No - not an LT (1200S I believe?) and NO, I am in no way a fan of MTV in any way - it was a slow night on TV last night and my remote wandered into uncharted territory...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts