BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 and like the horn on it. I just bought an 09 GSA and the horn sucks so I was thinking of getting horns off an LT and putting them on the GS. So are all the years the same sound and output wise?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
552 Posts
As far as I can tell they are. The best way to tell for sure is to look in the micro fiche for each year.

Here is a good price for a used set on Ebay. 170366117576 item number

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - yes those were the ones I was looking at but was concerned that they where from a 2000 just wanted to make sure they sound the same as my 03

Tom1200 said:
As far as I can tell they are. The best way to tell for sure is to look in the micro fiche for each year.

Here is a good price for a used set on Ebay. 170366117576 item number

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep saw that - didn't like the size or the possibility of more $hit to break.

c00k1e said:
Chuck both and get THIS

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
No difference in the LT horns from '99 till now. They are all loud and clear via a matched pair of horns: one high & one low. I mounted a pair on my '95 Triumph Tiger just so I could be heard!

John
TBob said:
thanks - yes those were the ones I was looking at but was concerned that they where from a 2000 just wanted to make sure they sound the same as my 03

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I like the LT horn, it sounds like a car, and everybody looks.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Amen to the great sound on the LT horns! Sure beats the heck out of that frail meep meeep of most motorcycle horns.

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
I do like the sound of the LT's horn and my buddy's new HD sounds like a mouse compared to it. He uses his "pipes" instead of his horn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts