BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Just a heads up on Bobs hi-way pegs, unless your legs are really short like 28" inseam and challenged just sitting on the LT your going to find them too close to you making knees bent quite a bit and likely will not be comfortable with them.
7 years ago when getting my LT tried Bobs pegs, standard J-pegs, XL J-peg and Hi-way Ottomans. Sold all but the ottomans finding them hands down the most comfortable and easy to use ... nothing to do but lift your leg and set calf area upon pad.
Just an FYI post ....

bigdogelphant said:
Does anyone know where to get Highway pegs for an 06 LT? :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Motorhead,
I've searched for these "Hi-way Ottomans" via the search here and on google but nada. Can you give further info about where I might do a little more research? I could really use something to allow my legs to stretch. I'm reluctant to go with the J-pegs at this point due to my rare occasion of letting the bike rest on it's side :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
+3 on Mick-O-Pegs...
Done the first 4500km of a 16500km trip... they are well worth putting on the bike.
You cant really get around the fact that the chrome trim still hits your shins, but I padded that with some 10mm adhesive rubber, and it helps a whole lot.
cheers

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I first had HighwayOttomans and like them at first. Lifting your leg onto them at speed gives the same reaction as when you were a kid and put you hand outside the car window at speed. I got tired of pressure my leg had on it and felt they were raised to high. I then found the MOP's and really like them, no pressure and legs are in a more natural position. They felt a little spongy at first but then i got used to that feeling and now like it. The only thing you need to get used to is your feet are low to the road and I have caught my pant legs on them when putting my foot down at a stop, that was scary! Here is a pic of what your feet look like while riding with MOP's then with Ottomans.

Ottomans

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am somewhere between 29" - 30" in the inseam department. I have a pair of J-pegs that I put out when I need to stretch out and they work very well. My heels are just past the black wings on the LT and pretty comfortable.

I do not use them much or Winter rides as they expose my lower legs to the cold too much, but from now on into the fall, they work great.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,166 Posts
I am another vote for the Mick-o-pegs.
I had them installed at CCR in the Ozarks when I still had my stock seat. I since had my seat redone by Rick Mayer and I found that I need to use the MOP quite a bit less, but they are still such a relief on long rides.
I used to have (regular) J-pegs and it was a bit awkward to use while cruising at higher speeds on the highway. You get a lot of turbulence once your legs are out of the "air pocket".

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the J Pegs and the Mick-O-Pegs on my bike.

The J Pegs are practically worthless: they require a wide hip bearing (your hip joints will feel it) and are awkward to reach.

The Mick-O-Pegs are great ... but pricey. They will relieve your issues on the road.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
dmatson said:
I first had HighwayOttomans and like them at first. Lifting your leg onto them at speed gives the same reaction as when you were a kid and put you hand outside the car window at speed. I got tired of pressure my leg had on it and felt they were raised to high. I then found the MOP's and really like them, no pressure and legs are in a more natural position. They felt a little spongy at first but then i got used to that feeling and now like it. The only thing you need to get used to is your feet are low to the road and I have caught my pant legs on them when putting my foot down at a stop, that was scary! Here is a pic of what your feet look like while riding with MOP's then with Ottomans.

Ottomans

You are right form this view it looks like you could kick a soccer ball on the road without having to move your foot. It is a pretty natural position but on my other bikes highway pegs took my legs more forward so your weight shift was a quarter circle area (tailbone to front portion of cheeks and every point in between). It was a 2 for 1 ease your buns and stretch your legs all at the same time. Agree get use to it.
ride safe :bmw:
PS: Try putting your pant inside your boot to avoid snagging even on regular pegs!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts