BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a H3 HID light in my 2004 LT. Both of my LT"s have the 6000 color Hid low beam lights. My 2004 now has the 6000 color HID high beam can you tell the difference ?.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow. looks impressive. NO what about that old chevy next to your garage. Are you looking to sell?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
saddleman said:
I just finished installing a H3 HID light in my 2004 LT. Both of my LT"s have the 6000 color Hid low beam lights. My 2004 now has the 6000 color HID high beam can you tell the difference ?.
I'm guessing they're standing side by side. The one on the right looks to be brighter. Am I correct? Did I win anything? :D

That's interesting. Older threads here mentioned how 6000K was too blue, and therefor not as bright as say the 4000K, but I can't see a blue tint here. Maybe I'm going blind. :(

Oh, wait a minute. I clicked the thumbnail, and now I can see a whole lot more. Hey, the bikes are side by side. That's a very nice garage. :cool:

I do see a blue tinge. It's a miracle! I can see! I've been HEALED! Thank You Jesus!

Seriously though, I'd be interested to also know which brand you went with and supplier.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Rlamar2398 said:
NO what about that old chevy next to your garage. Are you looking to sell?
If Dave tried to sell his wife's car, she'd beat him severely about the head, neck, and shoulders! Dave's wife---> :deadhorse <---Dave

:histerica

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
And there is a slight improvement :rolleyes: in the light output of the '04, Dave. Jessie was behind me one day when he switched on his HID high beam. It was like being tailgated by the sun! Since I ride with the high beam on during the day, it would probably be a bad thing for me to install.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Lee510 said:
If Dave tried to sell his wife's car, she'd beat him severely about the head, neck, and shoulders! Dave's wife---> :deadhorse <---Dave

:histerica
Well, in the interest of protecting Dave's physical well-being, maybe he should just give it away, instead of trying to sell it. :rotf:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rlamar2398 said:
Wow. looks impressive. NO what about that old chevy next to your garage. Are you looking to sell?
That is my wifes main mode of transportation year round & NOT FOR SALE as she puts it.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I buy the motorcycle kits from www.ddmtuning.com the H3 high beam is not a plug & play by any means. The low beam H7 is an easy install. I think the slight blue tint shows up better in the daylight.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Last summer I rode with the 6000K for a while and while it reflected off the road signs better than anything I went with a 55w 5000K and am really glad I did. I can now see better at night! Not only can I see better but I am seen MUCH better. The color is different so people notice it!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Dave, you are going to have to ride in front! Don't want that behind me......

·
Registered
498 Posts
saddleman said:
I buy the motorcycle kits from www.ddmtuning.com the H3 high beam is not a plug & play by any means. The low beam H7 is an easy install. I think the slight blue tint shows up better in the daylight.
+1

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: LT HID Light Comparison- POWER CONNECTORS

Hi, where does the HID ballast get it's power from. I am definitely going to order this kit, but wanted to make sure the kit is complete with everything I need to upgrade my 02 K1200LT. At $25.00 it seems almost too good to be real.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: LT HID Light Comparison-DUH, I just figured it out...

I see in the supplied PDF that the power to the ballast comes from the red and black spade connectors that connect to the OEM plugs for old light...Easy Peasy, if I could just get to the headlight housing...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: LT HID Light Comparison- POWER CONNECTORS

ColoradoGrant said:
Hi, where does the HID ballast get it's power from. I am definitely going to order this kit, but wanted to make sure the kit is complete with everything I need to upgrade my 02 K1200LT. At $25.00 it seems almost too good to be real.
I'm glad you mentioned the price because I had not yet looked at the DDM's link. :clapping:

I've placed my order for a low beam and high beam setup. :dance:

Woohoo! :yeah:

I wonder if they have a kit for my HD? Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It is a COMPLETE setup (from DDM). Plug and play. No splices, nothing extra. Nada. Works GREAT.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Cochinosucio said:
It is a COMPLETE setup (from DDM). Plug and play. No splices, nothing extra. Nada. Works GREAT.
Dave is claiming the high beam is not plug and play "by any means". Did you install a separate High beam bulb and ballast? :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The one on the right looks a lot more annoying!!! I think there's a line between making yourself safe and blinding the oncoming drivers. Sometimes a little less is more, I'd hate to have a car hit me because he had night blindness and my light triggered him into a blackout!

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bikerj said:
Dave is claiming the high beam is not plug and play "by any means". Did you install a separate High beam bulb and ballast? :confused:
I should have taken some pictures for the high beam install. I was in a hurry to get it done for this weekends ride to Pensacola. You will need to dremel out the plastic H3 bulb holder to clear the H3 HID bulb. I also had to cut a slot in it to get the wires in. I siliconed the bulb on to the steel holder on both sides.

Once you do this you can not use the stock H3 bulb again with out buying a new plastic & steel part to hold the original H3 bulb.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts