BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone compiled a list of the common LT fastener types and sizes? I am trying to decide what to put in a tool kit for my 2007 LT and having a list of the various fastener types and sizes would help in deciding what tools to carry.

I've made several searches, but not found such a list. I did find the list of torque values for the various fasteners, which was great, but it did not list the fastener types or even their sizes. I also did not find any such list in the BMW service CD.

Before I start compiling a list and checking the fasteners myself, I wanted to check to be sure I wasn't reinventing the wheel.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
walnut11 said:
Yes, I had found that before and it is very useful for the Tupperware.
What I am looking for now are things like the sizes of the oil filter cover bolts, drain bolt, rear lug nut sizes, front axle nut size, battery terminal screw sizes, fasteners needed to R&R the FD, etc. I can check these myself and will do that if necessary, but thought I would see if someone else has already compiled this list first. I want to take enough tools to perform things likely to need done while on a trip (battery replacement, tire replacement, FD replacement, etc.).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts