BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I visited the Paris Motorcycle show today and took a few pictures of the new HID/Xenon option installed on a 2006. It does not look much different, but rather then "splaining", here are a few pictures of it.

The "Option" price is €360.00 in France.

I also took a picture of the 2007 Wing Prototype, which is below as well, with the built in GPS system.

Stefan

Attachments

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
stefan said:
I also took a picture of the 2007 Wing Prototype, which is below as well, with the built in GPS system.

Stefan
And an airbag.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
That works out to $447.00 US dollars, but I wonder if it includes the clear lense, I kinda doubt it...

Can't wait to order, I just hope it will be a relatively easy retrofit for my 01.

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
randy said:
And an airbag.
Howdy Randy,
I thought it ammusing; Japanese bike at a French show with "AIRBAG" spelled out in English. :confused:

I wonder where Honda thinks the real market is? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
stefan said:
I visited the Paris Motorcycle show today and took a few pictures of the new HID/Xenon option installed on a 2006. It does not look much different, but rather then "splaining", here are a few pictures of it.

Stefan

Nice pictures Stefan! I don't see anything like a wiper for the light? Isn't that needed? €360.- isn't that much, so I presume it's only Xenon with ballast and nothing else.
Any other changes on the machine?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not look at too much else at the BMW "booth" than the LT, due to lack of time. I was parked real bad, if that makes a difference in Paris ;-)

I may go back for another visit during the week and take a closer look.

However, I did check out the new R1200GS HP2, which was nice at a really nice price of almost €18K.

I'll check on the F800 and the K1200GT if I do. Also, the Yamaha FJR1300 now comes with a new transmission where you don't have to pull the clutch to shift.

Kawasaki had a really ugly ZZR1400 bike there as well. Most likely the appearance is not that important because that bike will probably be the fastest one on the roads for some time.

The Wing's GPS set up is really nice and with large controls. It seems to be easy to use the controls even with gloves. No portability though......

Putting tricky things and fun things to have aside for a moment and I am not sure I like all the extra weight it adds. I did not check the weight of the new LT, but the Wing lists 369 kg with all the options.

Other things I noticed that comes to mind:

It seemed to me that the windshield of the LT was somewhat less curved than mine. The center portion of it was really flat.

The Wing still don't have an electrically adjustable windshield (why not??), but the passenger seat seems really cush.

That's it for now. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to check if I go back to the show.

Stefan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice pics indeed !

If you go to that fair once again, could you ask BMW if they confirm that the chrome part for the trunk will be available as a detailed part ? Nice way to improve your french don't you think ?? ;)

Cheers,

Pierre-Alain

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bien sure. J'irai là demain après la visite d'hôpital. Tu te joindre ? J'ai le mobile de Jennifer avec moi.

A+

Stefan

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
RonKMiller said:
I wonder if it includes the clear lense, I kinda doubt it...

Can't wait to order, I just hope it will be a relatively easy retrofit for my 01.
Hey, Ron -- the clear lens and reflector look identical to the '05 headlight -- the HID bulb is probably a drop-in. The good news is this headlight housing is a drop-in into the LT nose fairing. The bad news for the '99-'04 bikes owners: What do you do for a high beam?

This may not be a problem in some places, but here in VA, it's one of the things checked for during the annual safety inspection.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
stefan said:
Hi,

=
Stefan
looks like the relector behind the lense is somewhat different than the '05's no?, anyone have a good shot of the'05's

Tom

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Every state has some type of inspection, but they vary state to state. Many are quite loose, and don't inspect a lot, others are ridiculous in their requirements.

One state I lived in checked tires, headlight aiming, windshield and wipers, brakes, and shocks. They actually pulled a drum for drum brakes to check lining thickness, but disk brakes are easier, only pull the wheels and look at the disks and pad thickness. They actually drove the car over a "speed bump" made for the purpose to check the shocks. If the person doing it feels your shocks need replacing, it gets written up so, and you have to do it somewhere. At least they don't require the station doing the check to do the repairs, removes a little of the incentive to find things wrong which are not. :D

Then I move to California, where the only thing they check is the anti-pollution equipment (smog check) every two years. You can go into the smog check station with a broken windshield, no wipers, bald tires, and missing shocks, but if it passes smog, you are good to go. STUPID!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
dshealey said:
Every state has some type of inspection, but they vary state to state.
Not Michigan! Zero, zip, nada.
:D Go figure?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts