BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my automotive days, it seems like there is no spark to fire, although if there is a control on the fuel pump that could be the issue. I had the 12k service done, rode on a 2500 mile trip, bike sat in the garage for the past 4 days. Tonite tried to start it, no go, cranks over and over, but won't fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
bossxii said:
From my automotive days, it seems like there is no spark to fire, although if there is a control on the fuel pump that could be the issue. I had the 12k service done, rode on a 2500 mile trip, bike sat in the garage for the past 4 days. Tonite tried to start it, no go, cranks over and over, but won't fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure the fuel pump is starting.. when you turn the key on you should hear it start. Your cranking so most of the key and emergency switch is set right..

Make sure you don't run down the battery.. don't know what year you have but the relay that keep the starter cranking can weld the points shut once the battery gets too low.. was a fix for that and a production change.

·
Registered
467 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts