BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the "Kathys" brand bag liners? I noticed that they come with an option the BMW brand does not have...500 dollars change. I am considering a set of 3 plus the bag that straps to the luggage rack. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Thumperjon said:
Anyone use the "Kathys" brand bag liners? I noticed that they come with an option the BMW brand does not have...500 dollars change. I am considering a set of 3 plus the bag that straps to the luggage rack. Any suggestions? Thanks
Yep I us them on every trip even when I pull my trailer. they are great for multi day trips as I do not have to even open the trailer till I get to my destination. I just load what ever I need for the 2 or 3 day ride to where ever I am going. When I get to the hotel for the night I only have 1 bag to deal with & the trailer stays locked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use Kathys bags, had them about 6 years, use them regularly on bike & airplanes etc, excellent, one is now well worn, other about halfway worn, trunkbag like new as it stays in there all the time.
Would definitely buy them again.
Regards
Stevie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I think Kathy is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Got the Kathy's bags plus the luggage rack bag five years ago. Still good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for these replies for me, too. I was also wondering about the same liners and was going to ask, but now that I've read your answers I'll just order a set.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
wrmoss said:
I have these and I like them alot--they seem well made and fit the saddlebags and trunk perfectly.
Does their top case liner have two zippered sections, an upper & lower?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2009 LT and use the RKA luggage. The bag liners, top case bag, rack case and tank bag. They are a great system. Since I live in Santa Rosa, CA and the Company is based is Windsor, CA (5 miles away) it was a no brainer.

When I go on trips they are easy to use and are made well. Good luck in your search.

www.rka-luggage.com

Jay :bmw:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ride a '99 LT and just got a set of Kathy's bags at the start of last season. I used them for about 35,000 km last summer and they were great. They seem to be well made and durable and fit well. I did remove the CD changer so I could use the larger bag on the right side as I ride two up quite often. It's nice to be able to pack and not have to haul everything to the bike to see if it fits. Ordered online, very quick delivery. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mrdon03LT said:
Also, has anyone used Bestemusa bag liners. 3-pc around $90. Also an expandable trunk rack bag.

http://www.bestemusa.com/index.php?cPath=19
I have all three piece. Very nice bags. I had a set of Kathy bags for my GS, nice bags, but can be hard to load since they are soft sided and collapse. The Bestem bags are semi rigid and hold their shape rather well, even empty. The only draw back to the Bestem bags is that their is no D ring to attach a shoulder strap to. Not a deal breaker, but would be a nice addition. What ever my next bike is, would get the Bestem bags for it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Gizmo1137 said:
Does their top case liner have two zippered sections, an upper & lower?
It has a clear plastic top that you can stuff items into and then another compartment underneath. If that is what you mean...

·
Registered
635 Posts
wrmoss said:
It has a clear plastic top that you can stuff items into and then another compartment underneath. If that is what you mean...
Does not sound like it. The RKA & I think Kathy's top case is roughly divided in half with a zipper on the top and on the bottom so you can separate cargo.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have RKA's for my sidecase's for my LT and love them. Also, have Chicane for tankbag, top rack and trunk liner on LT. Too bad they are no longer around.
Bestem for my GSA cases and love them too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thumperjon said:
Thumper, or anyone else have a link for the Kathy bags in question? I'd like to give them a look.

Thanks

·
Registered
832 Posts
flyinguy68 said:
Thumper, or anyone else have a link for the Kathy bags in question? I'd like to give them a look.

Thanks
Google up Bob's BMW in Jessup, MD. I believe they sell them.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts