BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boxes wouldn't unlock after my bike sat this summer. I got the boxes unlocked but the fuse is blown so I don't have a horn or brake lights. I'm guessing it's my alarm but I'm not sure. I was told they are prone to failure. Can anyone tell me how to wire around the alarm. I've pulled the top box already. I'd just as soon take a beating as mess with electrical problems. Thanks.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Pretty easy to bypass the alarm. If the fuse is blowing the internal battery in the alarm has failed with no way to repair it.

First pull the 12 pin connector and the three pin connector (that one is the one blowing the fuse).

To get the bike running again you need to jumper the following pins on the 12 pin connector. Pin 3 (black/white/yellow) to pin 11 (black/yellow); this is the starter button signal to the starter relay.

Then jumper pin 10 (green/violet, switched power) to both pin 2 (Green, flasher module) and pin 6 (blue/violet, engine electronics relay). Now the bike will start and run normally and your flashers will work.

Note you may want to just cut off the 12 pin connector from the alarm harness and do the jumpering on it as a plugin unit. That way it is very easy to reverse if you ever want to replace the alarm unit and have it function again.

As far as the side cases you can find the two of the small two pin connectors (there are three and the third one is for the top case) and apply 12 volts to them to operate the unlock solenoid. But in the mean time the 45 degree trick on the key will open the side cases.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it fixed. I removed the alarm and wired it back like you said jzeiler. The color code was different so I just went by the numbers and it worked out. Never could get the oddment box to unlock. I guess I'll remove the lock the next time I pull the Tupperware. Thanks for the help.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
The oddiments box is on the 12 pin connector. Pin 1 (Brown) and 12 (Red/White). Treat those just like the 2 pin connectors. Yes the colors are for the bike side of the harness as the colors are different on the alarm side of the connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts