BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just blinks fast and won't unlock my boxes. How can I get into my oddments box to get my other alarm fob out? I changed the battery thinking it was just weak but that didn't help. Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It just blinks fast and won't unlock my boxes. How can I get into my oddments box to get my other alarm fob out? I changed the battery thinking it was just weak but that didn't help. Thanks.
Bad news..
Sorry I can't help with that.
I have an 03 that uses the key to lock and unlock all compartments.

Just curious, what years use the fob as the only option to lock/unlock the luggage..... (05-09)?

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I think so.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Have you tried unlocking it with the key & only turning the key 45 degrees instead of the normal 90 degrees ?.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,933 Posts
Unfortunately the oddiments box is the only one the 45 degree trick does not work with. All the other locks will respond to the 45 degree turn of the key.

Two ways to over come it.
1. Remove the top case and unplug the connector for the actuator at the alarm and hit it with 12 volts. It is pins 1 and 12 on the 12 pin connector.

2. Rap the lid hard while pushing down on the latch, it will sometimes pop open. But chances are it is the alarm and not the FOB that is toast.

I have done it both ways.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have you tried to turn the ignition on first before you try using the key fob? I only say this because I've noticed if my bike sits for a couple of days and I try to use the fob to arm the alarm prior to turning on the ignition first, the fob wont do a thing. But if I turn the ignition on first then turn it off the fob does what it is supposed to do. Almost like the alarm system goes into sleep mode after the bike sits for a day or so.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got all the boxes opened. If I unplug the alarm and unlock the boxes can I leave it unplugged and have it disabled so it won't set if my battery goes dead? Thanks.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,933 Posts
No you have to "bypass" the alarm otherwise the bike will not start with that 12 pin connector unplugged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts