BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I bought my dream machine K1200LT and thought i had gone to heaven.
I am 63 years old and after riding the K12 for about 1500 miles in the last few weeks my hips were so sore i could hardly walk. Riding the k12 was so painful
that i was considering selling the motorcycle :( The answer to my problem was right on the forum. I read about the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit and ordered them for my ride. The company sent them right out and were very informative about the product. Took about 20 minutes to install and out for an hour ride i went.WOW a whole new motorcycle. went from torture machine to easy chair. THe pressure on my hips was gone and i had a great ride!! A very grateful THANKS to all you who provide valuable information for a newbie like me. Also thanks to SUburban Machinery for a great product and great service

ezriderfrank
Happy owner :bmw:

·
Registered
73 Posts
You should have weny for the relocated floorboards instead. Your hips would feel twice as good as they do. can i ask why you didn't look into my floorboards? you really don't know what you are missing.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
ezriderfrank said:
:) I bought my dream machine K1200LT and thought i had gone to heaven.
I am 63 years old and after riding the K12 for about 1500 miles in the last few weeks my hips were so sore i could hardly walk. Riding the k12 was so painful
that i was considering selling the motorcycle :( The answer to my problem was right on the forum. I read about the Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit and ordered them for my ride. The company sent them right out and were very informative about the product. Took about 20 minutes to install and out for an hour ride i went.WOW a whole new motorcycle. went from torture machine to easy chair. THe pressure on my hips was gone and i had a great ride!! A very grateful THANKS to all you who provide valuable information for a newbie like me. Also thanks to SUburban Machinery for a great product and great service

ezriderfrank
Happy owner :bmw:
Frank,

I have tried other solutions, and have yet to find anything that works as well as the Suburban peg lowering kit. When I traded LTs, I moved the kit to the new bike. When I had to ride the old LT back to the shop after putting it stock, THAT is when I really realized how much good the Suburban kit did for my hips, knees, and back.

Glad you found the kit as helpful as most of us who have used it did.

·
Registered
163 Posts
dodk64 said:
You should have weny for the relocated floorboards instead. Your hips would feel twice as good as they do. can i ask why you didn't look into my floorboards? you really don't know what you are missing.
Frank, like Tony, I tried other products and have found none that work better for me than the Suburban lowering adapters. I also have J-Pegs (XL). They really made a big difference, too.

DODK64 - IMHO your posting borders on being inappropriate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the relocated floorboards with the heel/toe shifter and I find that the best setup for me. It's comfortable and doesn't mess up my left boot toe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just saw your post today and was wondering if you still like the peg lowering kit? I ride my '05 LT to work and back daily about 50 miles round trip and by friday I can hardly walk after I get off. Let me know. Thanks. TomH

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
cdrprn said:
I just saw your post today and was wondering if you still like the peg lowering kit? I ride my '05 LT to work and back daily about 50 miles round trip and by friday I can hardly walk after I get off. Let me know. Thanks. TomH
I love the kit, and I am reminded just how much that little bit makes everytime I get on an LT without them installed. It took me about 11 seconds to get used to them and I was hooked from then on. :)

I have tried flat floorboards and lowered floorboards from various sources, and NOTHING comes close to the suburban lowering kit. That is merely my personal opinion, and your mileage may vary. :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Tony. Newbies like me depend on you guys for this kinda input. Getting ready to install a Ft. Worth rack. Tom H.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
cdrprn said:
Thanks Tony. Newbies like me depend on you guys for this kinda input. Getting ready to install a Ft. Worth rack. Tom H.
My pleasure. By the way, I think you will LOVE the Ft Worth Rack. When I have mine on the bike, it handles like a very dirfferent beast. I have some tie down rings near eacf of the four corners. Makes tie downs much easier. If I can I'll snap a photo and post it here. I just saw them online or in a catalog... just cannot remember where!

·
Registered
607 Posts
cdrprn said:

Do you have a link to the Ft. Worth rack? I have read several posts but have not been able to Google it. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I found mine through repeated searches on e-bay over time. They pop up once and awhile. Mine came without hardware and I've been having to solve that. I paid significantly less than the one for sale at A & S BMW. They are my local dealer and I utilize/trust them but hey, bucks are bucks. Also check classifieds on this site they pop up there too. $150-250 is the going rate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tony, Deputy5211
I would love to see your lowered pegs some time. I am not a fan of the floor boards either and I have been thinking about lowering my pegs.

And about this Ft Worth rack... I have seen it mentioned here a couple of times but I am not familiar with it... Can you post a pic? I had no luck in googling it either.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
there you go got this off another post

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts