BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have a 30" inseam. I can't quite "flat foot" on my LT at stops. I just bought new Ohlins that really help me with ground clearance issues while cornering. Scraping on corners is a worse evil. I don't want to lose one iota of that precious ground clearance. So I'm willing to live with the height inconvenience at stops. I'd rather not wear stilletto high heels. I hear of lower corbin seats. Sounds great. Maybe 2" closer to the earth. But I read of some on this site saying that, perhaps the lower Corbin seats are wider than the OEM, resulting in no net gain of distance actually closer to Terra Firma at stops. Do any of you have the lower Corbin seat? Does it put you lower or not? Is it wider?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have the lower Corbin seat and it puts me flat foot on the ground with a bend in my knee. Too low for me. I am going to try to put a spacer (someone suggested hockey pucks in another thread) under the seat to raise it up. As for width, it does seem a tad wider in the back, but the mid to front part does not seem so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
bobst2 said:
there is a 2 in lower factory seat avaible have one in my shed. but body mods are required for shure on the stock seat. not shure about the corbin
Dear Bobst; How much could I buy your 2" lower factory seat for?? Greg M.
Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
NCCCC1 said:
Dear Bobst; How much could I buy your 2" lower factory seat for?? Greg M.
Thank you.
Hey Greg-

I am in the eact oppposite situation you are.. I just bought a bike with a lowered factory seat (heated) and its way too low...

Wanna trade?

Let me know.. At least it costs us nothing intitially to see if its a difference we can live with..

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
bobst2 said:
there is a 2 in lower factory seat avaible have one in my shed. but body mods are required for shure on the stock seat. not shure about the corbin
is this particular seat heated? If so, I'll buy you a few beers, as well as give you a few bucks. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts