BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Low seat

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BrianV 
#1 ·
I'm also finding the R1200RT seat quite hard, plus I'm 5'10 and cant place my feet flat on the ground when stopped.
I was going to get my stock seat repacked with foam and re-covered by an upholsterer to make it softer if possible.
I am just wondering if the low seat and the stock seat have the same structure, cos if the structure of the low seat was also lower, I could try and source a low seat and have that one made more comfortable if possible, so I could get lower to the ground as well as more comfortable?
But if there difference between the low seat and the stock seat is only the thickness of the foam, then that would be pointless!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
GRB60 said:
I'm pretty sure the pan is the same.
I suspected that alright.
Well no point in sourcing one of those so.
I can only imagine that the BMW comfort seat will be very expensive unless I can source a used one.
Anyone try getting their stock seat re-padded and reupholstered for extra comfort without the high cost of a new brand name seat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.