BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, how do you guys deal with the bike being so low. I have a 2007 model, and even when I am alone on the bike, I need to watch speed bumps, driveways etc. Otherwise se scrapes at the bottom. Any advice will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
speed bumps are a pain in the bum, one thing you can do is wind the preload adjuster down, it will stiffen the ride but also lift it a bit, that's about all you can do if you don't want to replace springs, the springs sag with age.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
Turn the pre load adjuster all the way counter clock wise, then start turning it clock wise. You should fee resistance immediately, if you don't you have lost some fluid ( nobody knows where it goes but it does go away over time ). You can replace that fluid by removing the adjuster and undoing the banjo bolt on the bottom. With the adjuster all the way counter clock wise push a small rod into the hole and push the plate in. Then fill with jack oil and replace the banjo and hose. Now you should feel some resistance and try cranking it down to the mid way mark and see if that makes a difference.

Attachments

Reactions: davebullock

·
Registered
562 Posts
I love the phrase 'nobody knows where it goes!' Makes me laugh every time I add fluid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts