BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change my low beam, I have the dust cover off, the high beam pops right out with a simple clip, I see the Low beam up there but cant see what the release is so I can pull the bulb out, can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
The low beam is an H7 and has a wire clip (up at the top). The high beam is an H3 (lower), bend back the ground clip to get it out.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
palarimer said:
I need to change my low beam, I have the dust cover off, the high beam pops right out with a simple clip, I see the Low beam up there but cant see what the release is so I can pull the bulb out, can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks
See this link for my PICASA photo album of the headlight details.
https://picasaweb.google.com/101489741192933663432/BMWK1200RSHeadlightBulbs#

The pictures were taken on a k1200RS, but once the rear black dust-cover is removed, the inside of the headlight is the same as a K1200LT (1999 to 2004).

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Info John and John , the pictures are great. What I was missing is you need to push in on those spring clips for the low beam before you squeeze them together to unlatch them. Bulb changed.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
912 Posts
FYI: on the mid 06 through at least 08 LT's with the BMW HID, there is a clip on the back of the headlight which does little or nothing. The back is held by two bolts on the top of the are and you pretty much need to remove the cowl to change the buib. Needless PITA. The manual still show the old non-HID light at least through '08. Another needless PITA, as if BMW could no update 2 pages in 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts