BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother in law of 21 years decided at 6 am to eat a 45 caliber hollow point. I got the call at 7 am telling me what had happened. As more in shock than anything else, thinking he has now abandoned his wife and 3 kids, what do they do , how are they going to make it, I am on my way up to the hospital close to an hour away, not really paying attention to my surroundings, I rode past a State Trooper on the side of the road. I noticed a set of lights catching up really quick, he pulls along side and then puts on his lights and pulls in behind me, I look down and the speedo needle is around 105, I slow down quickly and pull over. He gets out of the charger and walks up to me , before he says anything I tell him what has just happened , he looks at me and says ride safe and walks away. In a really crappy day I was grateful that he had the sense to realize I was not bs'ing and to not detain me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nothing I can say will help, but You and yours will be in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.

My brother in law attempted more than once. only to poison him self thru self medication in the end. I know your pain 1st hand. In addition to my brother in law 3 personal friends took the same way out. all drug users. All had pain we did not see in them.

If they only knew what it does to the loved ones.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

You and your family are in our prayers.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Mike I am truly sorry for your loss and hope that you will be able to remember the good times you shared with him. In time they will come to the top.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all for the sympathy notes, I will pass them on to the rest of the family, it has been really hard for all involved, his children decided early this morning to donate his organs so at least there is potentially some good coming out of a terrible situation

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
sheldan2 said:
thank you all for the sympathy notes, I will pass them on to the rest of the family, it has been really hard for all involved, his children decided early this morning to donate his organs so at least there is potentially some good coming out of a terrible situation

Now, THAT speaks of the good people they are.....what an unselfish move... Lives will be improved .... LIFE out of despair.... wow...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Mike,

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your family will be in our prayers.

God Bless,
Kevin

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Mike, so sorry to hear about your loss. My mother tried to commit suicide by pills 2 years ago while looking at the Seine river and fortunately was rescued by a local doctor who happened to be walking his dog.
You and your family will be in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
You and your family have our deepest sympathies, Mike. Please stay safe. Your being there for your family is of great importance.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Mike,

I don't know exactly how you feel and can only attempt to feel the pain you, your sister and her children are feeling. You have my deepest sympathy. You have to be strong; the children need a male role model.

I'm praying for all of you.

Be Safe.

Joe

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Mike you have our best wishes and prayers. Very sorry to hear that. Glad nothing happened to you while riding too.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Mike,

You are Sylvia are special to us. We love you both and are praying for you all. I will be lifting you before the Lord for comfort, strength and peace during this difficult time. As someone else said, "Stay safe...'cause right now your presence in your family is needed so much." God bless you my friend.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you again to all, just a quick update, the transplant surgeons were able to place his kidneys, and liver, and heart valves, they took his corneas as well as long bones ( femurs), they also took skin, so total, his donation will be able to help up to 30 people who are on transplant waiting lists around the country.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mike - You and your family are on our list. That way is always the hardest for those of us here. Sounds like he was in a pile of pain. Good for his kids - as you say, some good will come.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts