BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left hand mirror glass, glass only, has disappeared. What are my options about replacing? Can a glass copy cut me a new one? Does anybody have one? Does BMW sell just the glass? Has anybody installed the set on Ebay that has the led directional signals built in? Are they any good? Hard to install? All advise would be appreciated! :mad:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Safelite Glass had one for my Tundra vs. Toyota est. for whole new mirror @ $300. Maybe the company they ordered from does some motorcycles also. The glass I tried having cut locally created an image that was way too small compared to stock passenger side mirror.

Good luck. :)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
DanMartin said:
+1

You can also use the Search facility of this site to find other, similar threads on this topic that may be of interest to you. Try lost mirror, mirror replace, or similar search terms. Also look at the threads listed at the bottom of the page. Often threads with similar topics are listed there.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Been a couple years since I bought just the glass at Engles BMW in KC. I think it was only about $18.
Just my 2 cents worth. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
vernvernvern said:
Been a couple years since I bought just the glass at Engles BMW in KC. I think it was only about $18.
Just my 2 cents worth. :bmw:
I think it is more like $50 now...

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
deputy5211 said:
I think it is more like $50 now...

Yep, probably so, but at least it's the proper fit.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Sounds like a great time to do the Muth Signal Mirrors - love mine. "Only" $220.00

·
Registered
423 Posts
Got my Muth's at last year's CCR silent auction for $75. Alas, I broke the OEM glass installing them or I'd send you mine.
alabrew said:
Sounds like a great time to do the Muth Signal Mirrors - love mine. "Only" $220.00

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Fairly certain I have a spare mirror glass in my stash of spare parts. Will check tonight.

PM me your addy.

Dan Martin

·
Registered
335 Posts
alabrew said:
If anyone is shopping for Muth Signal Mirrors, I saw a couple of new sets listed on eBay auction today. They also had a buy it now price of $174.95 + $13 shipping. I have never shopped for them before so I don't know if that is a good deal or not.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Greetings

Don't lose a mirror glass here in Australia. Replacement cost for the mirror alone for my '99 LT is $110. I ended up ordering from Max BMW and their cost was $40 cheaper even after delivery to Australia.

Cheers and kindest regards

Paul Harrington
AU

·
Registered
14 Posts
I lost my mirror glass a while back when I crossed a railroad track. Had to replace. Bought replacement from Atlanta BMW for approx $35.00. Maybe you can find a used one from Beemer Boneyard or another similar location.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts