BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to improve my 2001 LT by adding an onboard computer. I bought a used unit off E-Bay, cut the hole in the dash, found the connector waiting under the tupperware, and hooked it up. No joy. :( Cleaned the connector and applied dialectic grease. Still no joy. Now I look at my dash and I no longer have numbers displaying for the gear indicator or clock. The light is shining, just no numbers. I un hooked the computer, still no display on gear indicator or clock. I unhooked the battery for 3 hours hoping this would reset something, but still nothing. Did I fry my display by hooking up a faulty computer? How does one fix this? :confused:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
did you check all your fuses/ relays etc?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Sometimes things are not what they seem. Checking the fuses was the first thing that I did. I even pulled them out to have a closer look at them, and they all looked fine. After your suggestion, I looked in the manual to find the correct fuse for the display and computer. I pulled it out and it looked fine. I replaced it with a new one and everything works fine. Sometimes it takes a nudge from someone else to fix a simple problem. Thank you! :bmw:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts