BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help to remove radio 05 klt.keep loosing sound fornt speakers. Rear speakers are good. Front speakers do come on when I turn power on but then shut off.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Steve, mine did similar with the sound playing from all speakers for a few seconds, then the fronts going silent leaving just the rears working. Eventually I was left with just 1 rear speaker working. It's still that way now.

It's been suggested in other posts that if it's not loose barrel connectors to the radio, it's more likely the amplifier (chips?) which may be the problem and that the unit needs to be sent off for repair/replacement. It's said to be a very costly repair.

I hope I'm wrong in your case .... I'm not technically minded, just repeating what I've read.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Was there any warning?

Did anything happen to give an indication that the sound was failing. My speakers even though new sometimes have a crackling especially with treble. But it is not all the time. With the headset everything is cool but if I am not hooked up then I hear something. Or do I need my ears examined? Well I will stay with this thread and see where it leads.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts