BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a K1200LT cover from a BMW dealer and he just informed me that BMW No longer makes the cover for our bike. Does anyone know where to buy a cover for my 1999 K1200LT??? Going to CCR and want to have a cover for my bike on the trip.. Thank you for any assistance you can give me...

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I've got one that I can sell for $25 plus actual postage. Almost new, used one time. I have two other covers, only reason I'm selling this one. :)

PM for details if interested.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I use the 1/2 cover for most times including trips. I use a full cover I bought at Wal-mart for large bikes for $25-30 (can't remember exactly) for Winter storage. I put grommets in to go over my antenna's. You can get plastic ones that work great (harbor freight sells them).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
dpcrxone said:
Ordered a K1200LT cover from a BMW dealer and he just informed me that BMW No longer makes the cover for our bike. Does anyone know where to buy a cover for my 1999 K1200LT??? Going to CCR and want to have a cover for my bike on the trip.. Thank you for any assistance you can give me...
Full cover Super Wall Mart, Touring Bike Size = $18.00 GREAT COVER!!:bmw:

·
Registered
61 Posts
dpcrxone said:
Got the same answer from my dealer here...B-S...Called bob's BMW and got the OEM cover in 3 days. Love it.
I'm sure they have some more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bimirider,

Bob's BMW is who I tried to buy one from online. They told me yesterday that BMW no longer offers this cover and I was wondering if anyone new of a dealer with one left. Thanks for the information on the Wal-Mart one though because I might just look at getting one for the Winter months here. My brother has the BMW cover and that is the cover that I would like to purchase. I guess I will keep looking... Thanks for the information...

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
EZ-touring, Bend Oregon
Very good cover for traveling......................

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
E Z Touring cover as well. Packs small...great for travelling.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's one on ebay right now. New---supposedly never used BMW cover. Ends in 2 hours and the price right now is 51$ plus shipping. I don't know how to copy the link or I would.:(

·
Registered
303 Posts
cover

I have a 2000Lt. I ordered the $22 form JC Whitney, its the large cover for
dressers and it fits perfect and is real light weight and perfect for travel.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a GezaGear cover that I paid a bit more than $18 for, but it's very good, packs small and doesn't scratch anything.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the Geza and like it. Kind of high end, but works very well, quick on and off and stores about the size of a small loaf of bread. Keeps most rain off, but breathes, preventing condensation and rust. No antenna hole provided, but I had that done at a local seamstress shop for $6.

·
Registered
255 Posts
bike cover

I have a full size Nelson Rigg - nice cover, but is a little bulky. I am planning a summer trip with my wife, so storage space is an issue. Do most people use a cover when touring? Are there any creative ways to pack a cover without taking up precious trunk space?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
jaskjb said:
I have a full size Nelson Rigg - nice cover, but is a little bulky. I am planning a summer trip with my wife, so storage space is an issue. Do most people use a cover when touring? Are there any creative ways to pack a cover without taking up precious trunk space?
Most of the time when I see an LT parked for the night, it's under cover of some sort. May be due to wx, or the environment, dunno. I take an EZ Touring cover (lightweight and small bundle) with me and ole Toad. It lives between the trunk and the passenger seat 'buttrest', below the backrest. Coupla other thangs live there also, that don't take up inside space (extry pair of gloves, Frogg Togg outfit, and a smallish first aid kit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an OEM full size BMW cover that has both openings in back for two antenna's. Don't use it because it is garage kept and two bulky to take on trips. In perfect shape and not used ever. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Purchased a used DAWCO XL cover off ebay this fall. The winter cover, heaviest one they make (perfect size and material thickness). It only cost me $25 w/ship and I hear they have lifetime guarantees. Fits bike perfectly, did take the antenna off but that just screws off at the base. The thing looks new, stored for winter. Might buy a new or used light weight DAWCO for traveling to keep moisture off bike while lodging. Its a pain to wipe down the bike in the morning if parked outside.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts