BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because the Classifieds appear to lack regular visitors, I am posting this here for local friend:

Looking for a USED good condition front Brake lever in Chrome version from K1200LT - the type I am looking for have been used between 1999-2003 and look like this phot from MAX-BMW:
https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/NotesParts/71607654754_1_B.jpg

Saw some new "clone" copy fairly cheap on EBAY, but do not really want to be a guinea pig - any one has tried these cheaper copy?

·
Registered
250 Posts
$35 for the clone on eBay (which BTW is probably manufactured in the exact same factory that BMW uses) or $183 for a new one from BMW? What do you have to lose? Buy the copy for $35.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$35 for the clone on eBay (which BTW is probably manufactured in the exact same factory that BMW uses) or $183 for a new one from BMW? What do you have to lose? Buy the copy for $35.
I know very well how these have changed across generation of K1200RS/LT and R1150 boxer and I doubt very much all these clone copy will fit 100%. It is not only a cosmetic matter, the fitment is also caused by variation in design where the inside hidden edge touches the micro-switch.

I know you are trying to help as I have seen some useful reply from you in the past... BUT THIS time you are not being much hep as It would appear you have not tried these clone copy - hence making assumptions that you should not. OF COURSE, I have other options than paying new at a BMW dealer - but I would rather buy a good used one from a member here that has parted a K1200LT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts