BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info or someone with some experience in motorcycle tire changing to recommend, a machine, type place to purchase and help would be greatly helpful, I would like to start changing my own tires soon.
Thank's in advance to all,

Glenn

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
I have been using a Harbor Freight set up but it is not the best. Check out the No Mar system at http://www.nomartirechanger.com/NoMarmainFrameset.html. I am going to machine some delryn blocks like they use for the clamp on my HF set up and then order one of their bars.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
jzeiler said:
I am going to machine some delryn blocks like they use for the clamp on my HF set up and then order one of their bars.
When you do, machine a set for me, and I'll pay you whatever you want for them :)

I also have the Harbor Freight unit, and tried to get the NoMAr folks to sell me the blocks -- no chance. I did get the bar (excellent unit, BTW). A recommendation: Buy one of their D-shaped beam holding clamps -- a great hand-freer during dismounting.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Mark,

Those little clamps looked real handy in the videos. I wish I had one when I did my front tire a month ago. If the block set up works out and is easy to make I'll see about offering it to all our users that have the HF set up. It will fit right over the top of the existing clamp piece and, if I do it right, will self lock in place. I kind of put it on the back burner as I have fresh rubber all around but will get to it this winter for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts