BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah not this weekend I am a wedding photographer and have a wedding on Saturday and an engagement shoot on Sunday. I am thinking either next sunday or saturday, the 5 or 6th. I have to check with the wife to make sure i pick the right day. I am from Middletown.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe we could plan something for later in the day for this Sunday. Maybe around 2 or 3. I think the shoot I have is ealry in the day and it is in Middletown. I know The morning does not work because the cable guy is supposed to show up between 8 and 11. I will check the schedule and reply back to the forum here later tonight. As far as where to go, I was thinking of heading south on 9 to Aircraft Rd then turn left towards the Goodspeed and follwo the signs for Devils Hopyard and Gillete castle. I was out that way the other day and the roads the Hopyard are nice and twisty. No real traffic.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Would like to join you. Not sure about the timing, but if my sister (visiting from New Jersey) leaves at noon on Sunday I could get to Middletown by 2:00 no problem.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will post again by Saturday morning. I just need to firm up my photo shoot on Sunday. Right now it is set for Noon in MAnchester. It will take about 1 hour to complete and I will be on th e bike anyway. I might suggest 2:30. I am trying to get them to come to middletown and do the shoot here. It would less of a headache. FYI to all. I have about 5000 miles under my belt. I started riding last fall. I started on a R100/7 and bought the LT in Aug from MAx in NH. I ahve about 2000 on her now. All but about 50 miles are mine. Not to brag but I was the strongest rider in my NSF course and was asked to come back and train as a instructor. I just want to let you all know that this is new.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the deal for The Sunday ride for tomorrow. We will meet at the Duncan donuts on rte 17 in Middletown, CT across the street from Jackson Chevy Dealer. Meet time will be between 230 and 3pm. Looking at a 2 hour ride there abouts. My plan is to tour around the CT river to Deep river and up to Devils Hop Yard. I will have maps. IF you need directions to the DD them reply here and i will post them sometime tonight. Most likely after 11PM. If you want to call email me and I will provide a phone number. email is [email protected]

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think I can be there, Lzyellodog, this is new for me too, at least the group ride part. Never been on one before. Thanks for setting this up.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Just Googled the Jackson Chevrolet dealer for folks who want an address. It's at 660 S MAIN, MIDDLETOWN, CT 06457-4258. If you're coming into Middletown on Rt 9 heading south, it's Exit 13 to the first traffic light and left on Rt 17 (S.Main St).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wilbar from Glastonbury will also be joining you, Lzyellodog and all. We will enjoy this bright blue sky day after all the overcast of the past weeks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts