BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had some requests for this. I will work to update the "New Posts" menu item to add the following:

Past 24 Hours

Here is the URL that you can bookmark if you would like:
HTML:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&days=1&showposts=1
Past 48 Hours

HTML:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&days=2&showposts=1
Past 7 Days

HTML:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&days=7&showposts=1

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, for now, I have placed the links for posts made in the Past 24 Hours, Past 48 Hours, and Past 7 Days under the "Quick Links" menu.

Happy Reading!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
eljeffe said:
Okay, for now, I have placed the links for posts made in the Past 24 Hours, Past 48 Hours, and Past 7 Days under the "Quick Links" menu.

Happy Reading!
It's not under "Quick Links" - it's under "New Activity".

- Bob

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
It was under "Quick Links" earlier today. I thought that Firefox was throwing me for a loop. The quick links bar was getting long, maybe that is why it has been moved.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured out how to turn New Posts into a dropdown menu. So I changed it to New Activity and gave the option of looking for new threads since the last visit and threads updated in the past 24 hours, along with post listings for 24 hours, 48 hours, and 7 days.

·
Registered
222 Posts
OK, I see it under New Activity, but how do we limit it to just the LT forum?? I'm getting new posts from all forums. Also, in the main forum, I get a nice list of topics but in the links you provided, I get the posts with last comment, etc., below them, taking up much of the screen for no value. If you can guide me on how to get the "Last 7 days, Last Day" etc., filters to just display a list of posts, I'll be in heaven!

Thanks for all your hard work on the new and old sites!!!!!!

Dave Norton

·
Old Dawg
3,283 Posts
Dave an easy way to do it in one forum is to open that forum (in this case the LT forum) and then hit the "last post" link which will sort all the post in that from newest to oldest so you can just boogie down the list.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
eljeffe said:
I figured out how to turn New Posts into a dropdown menu. So I changed it to New Activity and gave the option of looking for new threads since the last visit and threads updated in the past 24 hours, along with post listings for 24 hours, 48 hours, and 7 days.
Great job, Jeff! I especially like the "Since last visit" choice! That way I don't have to use extra brain cells (which seem to be increasingly at a premium in my aging noggin!) trying to remember what I've read and haven't... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts