BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you installed j pegs your self you probably took these off your bike and have them laying around.. see attached pic i need 2 of item #2 .. I have jpegs on my bike and want take them off to try some mikopegs I bought used here on this forum. I have never y liked the j pegs , and the mikopegs I bought are the kind that will not work with the j pegs..

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had j-pegs and mick-o-pegs on my LT. I reversed the j-pegs and mounted them on top of the tip over bars and mick-o-pegs under the tip over bars. Looked good and the j-pegs were excellent for resting your legs on to stretch out. All it took was taking the cylinder shaped piece off of the j-pegs and flipping them over and putting them on the other j-peg. Get two bolts long enough to thread through the j-peg and the roll over bar and the mick-o-peg and put a lock nut on it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had j-pegs and mick-o-pegs on my LT. I reversed the j-pegs and mounted them on top of the tip over bars and mick-o-pegs under the tip over bars. Looked good and the j-pegs were excellent for resting your legs on to stretch out. All it took was taking the cylinder shaped piece off of the j-pegs and flipping them over and putting them on the other j-peg. Get two bolts long enough to thread through the j-peg and the roll over bar and the mick-o-peg and put a lock nut on it.

Thanks for the input but I dont think that will work for me, the mik o pegs I bought have to mount to pipe that you replace with the aluminum slab that the j pegs mount to.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I mistakenly bought Mik O's for J-pegs not knowing that I could not simply buy replacement parts from Mik O's to get them to work.

eventually UI bought Mik O's for non-J-pegs; still have the ones I cannot use figuring I'd find some use for them. But, so far, they just sit in a box.

If you check eBay every day u'll find what u are looking for though.

bob

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you installed j pegs your self you probably took these off your bike and have them laying around.. see attached pic i need 2 of item #2 .. I have jpegs on my bike and want take them off to try some mikopegs I bought used here on this forum. I have never y liked the j pegs , and the mikopegs I bought are the kind that will not work with the j pegs..
There is a set on ebay for 60.00 plus 10.00 shipping.

BMW 2003 2008 K1200LT Engine Protection Bars Safety Bars Part 46632347101 | eBay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts