BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
For what it's worth, RBRacing turbo for the LT is vaporware. They have yet to deliver one since they started advertising it on their site. The answer from previous inquiries has been "Coming soon." Seen that for the last 4 years. And as far as I know, there is NO updated after market clutch for the LT.

atrovarious said:
You could drop a hundred pounds.... then you would live longer and faster!
Yeah! What Ghaison said! And while you're at it why don't you drop about 6" in HEIGHT! Then it won't be too short for you!!!

BTW, I am 5'8". If you gave up 5" in height you would STILL be taller than me!

Ya Bum! :rolleyes:

FWIW, these bikes are dogs at low RPM. Boost the R's over 4 500 and hang on! They are a riot over 5,000 RPM. It takes a little getting used to running them this fast but they really respond well and the acceleration is exhilarating! I would imagine this would hold especially true coming from the relatively slow turning V-Twin torque monsters. They are a completely different ride. Think of the difference in RPM for your Harley and the revs an Indy car turns. Lean a little more toward the Indy car and I think you will have more fun.

And I didn't mean the crack I made about your height (ya bum)!

Loren

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Well now I have just a few more miles of seat time and. Have learned it takes the high revs to get her up and running. The more I push her the more I am getting. I have to bring it to the line and see where it goes. I now have 1200 miles and trying to see when it starts to loosen up some. I have started to real like the idea that a bike can stop and handle like it should. I have my LT in service and was on my 05 screaming eagle ultra glide yesterday. WOW it is compressor on wheels & stop like a roller with steel wheels. Thanks for all the support.
:dance: :dance:

If you want horsepower buy a BOSS HOSS
350 or 527 v8, your choice

I have an '08 LT with a Remus exhaust... it was put on by the dealer before selling it... it adds about 15 hp giving me 130 total and drops 19 lb from the weight of the bike. quite a noticeable difference in power. i was cruising this forum looking for more ways to increase the hp! i dont want to buy another bike but i am missing my '06 K12GT...my wife isn't though :) :rotf:

Slim1500 said:
Dose any one know if they have more leg room????
Hi!

1200RT 2010 has the stereo and much room for legs. Quite near LT in fact! (in my opinion), RT has little more power and less weight also!

A while back I had looked into trying to increase HP on my LT and finally gave it up realizing that it would only cause to many other problems decreasing the dependability. Remus pipes was one of the easy add ons that would give maybe 10 to 15 HP. There was a company in San Antonio that would upgrade the computer and could change some power bands increasing low end etc. I'm having senior moment and can't remember their name but they sell the Remus pipes also. I gree with others that there is other weak points on the bike that would not hold up with the extra power though. I'm in the process of trying to sell my better half on me getting a new 2010 RT to satisfy my needs when she isn't on the back. I would keep the LT though.

Have an 09 and I'm about your size and yes I wanted a bit more bottom end and a bit more top end.

After having the bike for a couple of seasons now I've learned how to drive the bike to have the performance I wanted I also have come to realize that I need to slow the hell down the problem with this bike is that running in triple digits comes all to easily to the point that its not really noticeable.

The loved the GT but it had too much power I didn't like getting jerked back every time I hit the throttle and it just wouldn't be good for riding two up LOL her comfort is more important then my need for extreme speed.

Give it some time you'll find that bike has a lot to offer that may not be readily apparent right now

Slim,

I was going to say you just need to keep it in first gear a little longer like to say 60 mph then shift to second and nail it. You will be way ahead of the pack by then.

jzeiler said:
Slim,

I was going to say you just need to keep it in first gear a little longer like to say 60 mph then shift to second and nail it. You will be way ahead of the pack by then.
jzeiler has it right.
I have to say that I usually stay out of the "I need more horsepower" threads....
I mean, I dunno how much other people need.
But I have to say I do wonder what it is that people expect. Seriously, most of these queries come from HD guys who would be spending the big bucks on a "stage I" or "stage II" kit to get more low end oomph.

I pass HDs with my 2000KLT overloaded with camping gear, two up, all the time. If I'm not careful I might hit the rev limiter, but most of the time things are shrinking nicely in the rear view mirror without a hiccup.

My take on it is this: if an LT doesn't give you enough "get up and go", you need to figure out where the power band is, or you need a different bike. Maybe one designed to compete in the 1/4 mile.....

roadking04 said:
Try some Vaseoline on your wrist joint. Once I figured it had plenty it was fine.
I know better to ask WHAT was fine.....

P.s. Say hi to Rosie for me! :histerica

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.