BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a left mirror with the chrome a little scuffed up and the painted part kinda rough. I have the right mirror that looks perfect but one of the three mounting slots is broken. How easy are these things disassembled? Can any of these parts be replaced without replacing the entire assembly? And what's with the made in China mirrors that appear to molded all in chrome?

P.S. If anyone has like new OEM black mirror assemblies for sale drop me a note or email: [email protected]

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,181 Posts
There have been several on this site that have ordered the Chinese mirrors and have generally been happy with them. Hard to find in the Boneyard in good shape and BMW is $$$$. May be your best option.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The mirrors are comprised of 3 main parts:
Mirror glass
Inner housing
Outer housing.

The glass is the hardest part to remove without damage but if you're lucky you can slam the mirror glass down on padded carpet with moderate force to disassemble it. If you do it too hard you can break additional pieces i.e. the glass, or pivot but that's the easiest way to remove the glass.

Once the glass is removed you can easily remove the screws that hold the inner and outer housings together.

Replace or exchange parts then resemble the housings and press the mirror glass back in by distributing even force in the middle of the mirror.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts