BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I starting my own business (EMT) and looking to but some retired emergency lighting from a 05 06 07 rt if anyone can help please in box me

Like in picture below

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I don't think these are available to the general public.
I think they are reserved for LEOs and are illegal for anyone else.
(Blue lights at least)

But I've been wrong before...;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only need to be licenced here
I would only be able to use red, but most Private Ambulances use red blue combo here in Australia. but lighting changes on each service eg red drivers side blue passenger side Ambulance Police blue drivers side red passenger same as fire PT use amber now as they are classed as non emergency

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
you should be able to fit leds assemblies you would just need a flasher module of some sort.
here's a couple
trident

lights

·
Registered
42 Posts
An interesting post, I do cycle race Commissaire work and other stuff and have put 'emergency' lighting on my bike for visual. You are allowed Amber or white on the front, and only Amber on the rear (though I do have reds). You don't need approval but must have a reason to use them (eg to warn etc).

To get approval for red and blue, is quite simple here in WA as well. But again, can only be used for official work. I haven't formally applied yet.

Police here, I know, keep them, themselves and destroy the lights when they are worn out (I know, I tried to get some!) but you can buy them from electrical distributors. They're in Arlec, Tridon catalogues etc. as are the poles.

It's the flashing units that are difficult to get. I have bought a unit off eBay and modified it for my setup. Much cheaper buying the electronics than trying to make them. Maybe the same electrical distributors have them?

It shouldn't be hard, and you may find the flasher units etc still in some ex-police motorcycles. I have seen one that was sold with everything except for the lights themselves.

I'll be following the thread!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts