BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Approaching 36K service on my 2000 KLT. I live in the Phoenix area and it looks like my favorite local guy, Mark Meadows (AZMotoman), will be out of service for the next couple of months. I sure hope he'll be back soon, but even though the beast is running great with no issues, I may need service before Mark is back.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Kimble
2000 K1200LT
Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you've got a point. The engine and rear drive oil (synthetic) have just 2000 miles. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to go over on the other items. Good point.

Thanks,

Kimble

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
KJN said:
Approaching 36K service on my 2000 KLT. I live in the Phoenix area and it looks like my favorite local guy, Mark Meadows (AZMotoman), will be out of service for the next couple of months. I sure hope he'll be back soon, but even though the beast is running great with no issues, I may need service before Mark is back.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Kimble
2000 K1200LT
Phoenix, AZ
Kimble - thanks to Ron Kellenbenz (good friend and long time member here, who sent me this info), take a look thru this list and see if there might be someone in your area who can step in for AZMotoman temporarily

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dick,

I saw that list somewhere before, but couldn't remember where. Thanks!

Kimble

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
On a 2000, Everything is easy as pie....
You can do the full service including the valve check yourself. 36K is when two of my buckets needed changing.

The task only "seems" intimidating because there "seems" to be so much to it.
But you're just taking the bike apart, One screw at a time. Each single task is in itself very easy. There's nothing difficult about doing this. It just "seems" that way.
Truth is, If the bike has been serviced regularly, Most of the stuff you do probably doesn't need to be done. It's just a checkup, like at the doctor. The plugs will be worn, but certainly not shot. The air filter will be a little dirty.. The oils are no biggie. And neither are the brakes on that model...

If you don't want to tackle it yourself, She'll go another couple of monts just fine.

Some of the guys in your area will be glad to help you. Right Ron ?
:wave

John

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
36K is mainly just fluids, Valves are every 24 K. Just do motor oil, trans & FD fluids. Check brake pads and check for anything loose. then RIDE RIDE RIDE. 42K is only motor oil & filter of course , "Your Guy" will hopefully be back by 48K

·
Registered
239 Posts
crap!! what happend to Mark?

KJN said:

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Kimble
2000 K1200LT
Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Try Omar. I have been going to him for my brake service on my LTs. He is great!

http://www.motoghost.com/

I saw Mark at the Road Runner Rally couple weeks ago in Heber. He looked OK there. But he does not have lift for LT any way.

KJN said:

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Kimble
2000 K1200LT
Phoenix, AZ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bernie's has not closed down - although they do not do BMW work.
The shop next to them called Juda that did BMW work closed down - maybe 2 years ago now.

MattKas said:
Bernie's closed down about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are great!

I'm going to try this myself. I need to know my bike better and this is a good opportunity to get started.

About Mark.

He's developed some back issues. Just needs to take it easy for a while. Also some family stuff that will require some travel over the next month.

Thanks guys!

Kimble

1 - 12 of 12 Posts