BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take my second test ride on an LT, the first ride sold me on its quality and ride comfort but had to wait until $$ was in order. I am going to a dealership that has a few barely broken in LT's. The following is the description of the 05 I am interested in.

2005 K1200LT -- Blue with custom pinstriping, only 4700 miles, convenience package (alarm, central locking, floor lighting), ABS, heated seats, heated grips, cruise control, AM/FM/CD, rear rack w/integral brake light, bag liners, BMW battery charger, bike cover, XXL Schuberth helmet. $17,995

Does this seem like a decent price - I am thinking a little high. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Have a HAPPY and Prosperous New Year

Swamprat
Kawi 1500E Vulcan (The Boat)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would offer 16,500. and go from there. But, even at the asking price you are saving over new one. I bought my 05 with 3200 miles equipped similar to the one you described for 16.950. Good luck in your decision and Blue is a good color.
Leon
05 Blue LT

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Seems fair. The helmet alone sells (new) for around $ 600.00. Great helmet. Have them throw in a set of Motolights and see if they will take 17K.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You've already gotten some good input. I agree on the Motolights (if the dealer stocks them). They are about $350 and are a great addition for visibility and lighting the road. Also, don't overlook buying directly from an owner. I just sold an '03 and the buyer got a great deal. Also, I did better than I would have on a trade. If the factory warranty is still in place you are covered.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
The Motolights are about $ 450+++ installed! Worth the mula.
Thanks for the backup Mr Gary.

Gary, are you all seeing all of the rain the Cal is getting?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Get LIGHTS!

Get lights added... the PIAA are nice but the MotoLights would be better, especially if you ride curves or in foggy weather.

Will you be riding during the winter?...

Otherwise the bike seems like a good deal.. even at the current price. You might even ask the dealer to throw in the xtended warranty... for about 3/4 the cost to you...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the input.

Are there any good sites for selling LT's, the classified add here are pretty bare. I also looked at Ebay and the local papers (Northern VA, DC Metro). :abduct:

·
IBR# 366
16,568 Posts
One week ago, there were eight different '05 LT's for sale in our classifieds. Look here.

·
Registered
215 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
Seems fair. The helmet alone sells (new) for around $ 600.00. Great helmet. Have them throw in a set of Motolights and see if they will take 17K.
Talking about motolights, I see the flat black motolights advertised and I think they would really look nice, but have not seen any in person. Anyone have any input on this. Thanks
Leon
05 Blue LT

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
RideIt said:
Talking about motolights, I see the flat black motolights advertised and I think they would really look nice, but have not seen any in person. Anyone have any input on this. Thanks
Leon
05 Blue LT
I would suggest Hellia micro DE HID instead of the motolights. The motolights only glow while the micro DE turn night into day. JMO

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Black looks pretty good, I have the polished ones. I'm not sure, but Joe (messenger13) has two sets of Moto's and I'm not sure if his are black.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've got a set of black Motolights on Raster mounts ont the tip over wings. I love them. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took Meese's advice and went out shopping around - Found an late 02LTE black, asking price is $13450 (9840miles) When I take this out for a test ride are there any indicators I should look for?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
RideIt said:
Talking about motolights, I see the flat black motolights advertised and I think they would really look nice, but have not seen any in person. Anyone have any input on this.
I have the caliper-mount sey in brushed aluminum...and a flat bacl "Rster-mount" set under the wings. I was concerned about ordering them this way, but I'm pleased with the end result.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
And when he has them all on, he looks like a 747 coming in for a landing. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts