BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all, I'm looking for a cooler that will fit in my top case. It should be able to carry around 6 bottles of Gatorade for the days drive, and when I fill it up at the hotel/motel in the morning with ice, it will not leak all over the inside of my top case. I've already got 2 coolers that I've bought on trips that aren't up to the job. So what's everyone using?, and Before you say "ice packs", I've found that motel/hotel fridges just don't freeze them enough to last the day.

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a different angle that works very well for me.

There are different brands but I specifically use a Hydro Flask 64 ounce vacuum insulated stainless steel “growler”. The model I have will fit upright in the BMW case. (I forget the size. It is the one you can put the factory brake light on.) I usually have a rag or two wrapped around it but even when it has tipped over, it hasn’t leaked.

I usually fill with hotel ice and then top with water. As the day goes on, I’ll replenish with the little 16 ounce waters as needed. Even at the end of the day and refilling with multiple warm bottles of water, I’ll have nice cool beverage ready for me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Polar Bear 12 Pack. Doesn't leak, holds 12 cans of pop, soft-sided so it won't damage the inside of your case, fits, and keeps stuff cold for over 24 hours. There's also a Polar Bear 6 Pack but I've never used that one. My Polar 12 I've been using for 5 years. Color has faded but otherwise it's as good as new.

Amazon link -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BNGUPK/

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
use Polar Bear 12 one as well, just not in the top case

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx guys, and if any one else has experiences with some other brands let me know. Polar is temporary out of stock on Amazon. Thank god the trip isn't till September.

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered the 12 pack from Amazon.ca. Free shipping and priced comparable to the US. The only thing is they're out of stock 😕. Thanks everyone for their help.

Cheers,
Tross

1 - 7 of 7 Posts