BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, I putting this out in the universe to see if anyone has a great suggestion for me. I just relocated to New York from Utah and my baby is sitting in storage all alone. (2009 LT). Because has now become busy I have no way of getting out to SLC to meet a shipper on "their time" of course to get the bike in a trailer or container. I have tried Haulbikes and several other companies and they need me there in person to see it off. I have friends in SLC that could have my storage key and bike keys to meet someone experienced to have it shipped/trailered etc. Of course my preference is to Ride it out here the 2300mi with no rush but work is work as you all know. Any responses would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :bmw:

·
Registered
338 Posts
You personally would not have to be there, so long there is some body present. Haulbikes are the best in the business, they will inspect the bike and mark all scratches and what not, so they require a responsible witness. I used them before and am convinced of their care and profecionalism.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I strongly recommend 'Keyboard Transportation'.........They feature a very unique means of handling that has been patented by them. I've used them specifically for the shipping of my own LT and was very impressed..............$00.02

·
Registered
40 Posts
Since you can't ride it yourself, pay me to ride it out :)

I just rode my '99 I bought from a friend in CT out to Southern CA. 3200 miles in 5 days. I figure I could do 2300 miles in 3 :)

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,433 Posts
Sold my bike in Cincinnati to a buyer in LA. When his shipping company showed up we had
to perform a very complete walk through and inspection of the bike. They did a very
complete report on evert detail on the bile to make sure that as the bike was transferred and
shipped that any damage was noted. I can understand that any shipper needs a responsible
party representing the owner to sign off on the bike to limit shipping damage and liabilities.
Also needed to drain the gas tank to low levels.

So with that said there are a ton of companies out there that haul bikes - here are a few that
others recommended to me . . .

http://www.haulbikes.com/
http://www.heritagemotorcycleshipping.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that is the kicker, "Responsible".. and I have friends in SLC...just not responsible enough to trust with my storage and bike, Some shippers have even asked me to pay them by check 1/2 up front. Half on delivery....Thanks for the suggestions so far. Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.