BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This comming Sunday I will be riding and was wondering if any one know a nice ride south of Julian.
My plan is leaving Riverside towards Temecula, then from there thry the try the DeLuz road towards DeLuz and Fallbrok.
Then we would like to have lunch in Julian, but I rode most of the roads north of Julian who lead there, so if you know any good road, maybe 79 north or other???
O rode 78 East and that was a good one, but is there any other out there?
THank you

·
Registered
217 Posts
Elton,
The Sunrise Highway out of Julian is good and it leads to olde highway 80 which parallels 8 east and west. You can hook up with 94 down there some wheres also which heads out trough Jamul etc. If you go to the San Diego BMW club website ( http://www.bmwocsd.org/) there is a PDF map of good roads down this way on the front page.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I live in Jamul, and have put a lot of miles on roads south of I-8! Highway 94 is pretty good, about 40 miles of it. you could go to Desert Tower, then cross to the south side of I-8 and pick up 94, take that all the way back, through Jamul, and to Rancho San Diego, then pick your way back north, or take the back roads through Harbison Canyon and end up on I-8 again. Or you could work back north to highway 67, and take that north back up to 78, or any of the other roads that would lead you back to the highways.

Wish I still had a bike, would lead you around for the day!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Jeff and David (you still own me that 'south tour' :) :) ),
I got the map and it was very usefull to trace my route.
Just one question remain:
the BMWOCSD map shows Boulder Creek Rd (paralell to Hwy 79 between I-8 and Julian as a paved road. My map show as a gravel.
Any one can give me the real status on that road? I was thiking about getting that plus Engineers Rd instead of 79.
Thank you all

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll loan....

you mine Dave....iffin you do the 72K....

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
strsout said:
Just one question remain:
the BMWOCSD map shows Boulder Creek Rd (paralell to Hwy 79 between I-8 and Julian as a paved road. My map show as a gravel.
Any one can give me the real status on that road? I was thiking about getting that plus Engineers Rd instead of 79.
Thank you all
Ansering my own question:
My maps was right. that is a gravel road.
See the pictures.
But was a great 350 miles loop. The gravel was not that bad (about 20 miles) and the views on that road are amazing.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts